DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new member here but I have read alot of good information here for a long time. I just bought the new R22-100 DVR a couple of days ago. I like the box but there seems to be a problem. The box has a slow response to remote control commands especially in the program guide. I will hit the scroll up or down and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 seconds to respond. Is this an ongoing problem with the directv dvrs? thanks for any responses.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
What type of receiver did you have before? If you had just a regular receiver and now got a DVR. The DVR's are slower in responding to remote commands. That is because there is a lot the DVR is doing behind the scenes. You might want to try a reset and see if that will speed it up for you.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I had a basic hughes director pack receiver. Sometimes the dvr is lightning fast and then sometimes i hit a button and there is a pause before it responds. I just wanted to make sure my box wasnt defective.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
stevieT said:
Thanks for the response. I had a basic hughes director pack receiver. Sometimes the dvr is lightning fast and then sometimes i hit a button and there is a pause before it responds. I just wanted to make sure my box wasnt defective.
No, I would say it is fine. I hope you enjoy your new R22. We like ours. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.