DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a an old DTV RCA tivo 40 Was thinking about upgrading to the R22 just got news of it today & have been reading alot just to get up to speed. A few things I could not find out.
1. What is the Sata port on the back used for?
2.Is the USB port only for connecting the Am21?
3. I read that you can stream photos/music & video from computers on your network
What formats are supported Divix? VOB files?
4 . I love the TIVO does the R22 look and function the same & can I program 30sec skip :)
I would connect it via HDMI I have a HD TV but don't want to pay $10 more for HD The one thing that kills me they disable the 16x9 on it This so stupid on my old RCA tivo I can turn on 4x3 or 16x9 Why the step backwards?
The one thing that pissed me off when I went from the first Gen Dtv box (yes I been around since day 1) to tivo box they took the feature away were I could set auto scan channels I receive. With the Tivo box the guide shows every channel in the guide & I spent hrs removing them only to have the next update put them all back:mad:
The R22 look like nice setup all it might need is a web browser then I can 86 the PC hooked to the TV.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
1. You can use an eSata hard drive to increase capacity.
2. Yes, that's about it.
3. Yes, that's true. I would suggest a forum search for the word "TVersity."
4. The menus are different from TiVo's but most of the functions are the same. You can program a 30-second skip.

The R22 will soon support 16:9, I would expect to see this upgrade before he end of the year.

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
YY$4u said:
I would connect it via HDMI I have a HD TV but don't want to pay $10 more for HD The one thing that kills me they disable the 16x9 on it This so stupid on my old RCA tivo I can turn on 4x3 or 16x9 Why the step backwards?
Ahem. Have you ever considered joining the Cutting Edge group on this system? It might make you a happy person if you get an R22. <hint> ;)

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
1. You can use an eSata hard drive to increase capacity.
Really? I read that the eSATA port does not work on an R22. Has it been recently enabled like the use of an AM21 without needing HD access?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.