DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I now have unlimited data again on my mobile services, one of the things that I have been investigating is the streaming audio services. One particular app that I discovered a few years ago is "Radio Garden" which plots all of the radio stations that stream on a globe. You can then spin the globe around to listen to stations in other countries. This is actually pretty neat.

Radio Garden
Radio Garden invites you to tune into thousands of live radio stations across the globe.

By bringing distant voices close, radio connects people and places. From its very beginning, radio signals have crossed borders. Radio makers and listeners have imagined both connecting with distant cultures, as well as re-connecting with people from 'home' from thousands of miles away.
FULL ARTICLE HERE

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
There are several services that index tens of thousands of "stations".

internet-radio.com counts over 21,000.

Grace Digital's database is claimed to deliver over 100,000 radio stations from around the World but that requires a Grace Digital radio.

radio.net offers over 30,000 stations.

While the globe metaphor is probably unique, "tuning" global internet radio has been a thing for quite a long time.

Knowing that these outlets exist is important as the herd of broadcast radio stations thins. Germany, Norway, France and Luxembourg have all made bold moves to remove analog radio broadcasts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts