DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During TS Fay I noticed that that all of my HD channels (national and local) would go out and I would recieve the 771 message. However, I still was able to recieve my local SD channels and some of my national SD channels. Also, I was able to recieve my Hd chanels in 70's. I am having the same issue with both of my Hr20-700's. I know that I can expect to lose channels do the the storm but why can I receive some and not the others?

· Godfather
353 Posts
Different frequencies from the satellite. SD and the 'old' HD is sent via satellites working in the 12 GHZ band. The 'new' HD content is sent via satellites working in the 19 GH band. Higher frequencies are affected more by rain, thus the 'new' channels go out quicker and return later than the signals sent via the 12 GHZ satellites.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
noles98 said:
During TS Fay I noticed that that all of my HD channels (national and local) would go out and I would recieve the 771 message. However, I still was able to recieve my local SD channels and some of my national SD channels. Also, I was able to recieve my Hd chanels in 70's. I am having the same issue with both of my Hr20-700's. I know that I can expect to lose channels do the the storm but why can I receive some and not the others?
I live here in Daytona. I had 0 rain fade.Maybe your dish should be peaked a little

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.