DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started seeing random stutters on my Hopper. Doesn't seem to be weather, because my attached 4K Joey doesn't do that. I'm unclear on what the signal flow is between the two. I assume the primary downconversion is done in the Hopper? Or not? Clearly any dvr storage is coming from the Hopper. Oh, and the stutters are present in recordings, and those do show up on the Joey. Haven't done much debugging on this yet, so this is fairly subjective. Oh, and I have excellent signal strength as reported by the Hopper, and this happens in perfectly clear weather, so not signal loss. Any ideas?
(I suppose it could be on the Joey also, and I just don't happen to see it. Could it be source feed issues? Again, I haven't really done much debugging. And I shouldn't have to.)

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,902 Posts
There is no "downconversion" taking place with respect to the satellite stream. The stream may be bypassing the hard drive when viewed live so that may explain why you're not seeing problems when watching live on the Joey.

Define "excellent signal strength" in numerical terms.

My initial guess is that the Hopper's hard drive is trippin'. There may be some details in the diagnostic logs that appear in under the Diagnostics feature.

·
Godfather
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to do a test, but my memory is 60. Yes, after that 'recalibration' some years ago Dish did. My guess was HD also. Didn't see anything in the diag logs, I'll check again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts