DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,572 Posts
BobS said:
Both companies should be required at their expense by law to actually to go out in the field and VERIFY what is really out there and not rely on lists provided by the NAB and/or FCC. Until that time they should be shut down for giving out false and misleading information.
And ve have veys of making them talk.... You know I am really annoyed at DBSTalk.com - I'm sure somebody has posted false or misleading information - how can I get the feds to kick down some doors, shut down this site and take James Long away in chains?
No one is going to take me away in chains for the misleading information you or anyone else has posted. :)
kenglish said:
The FCC database, Antennaweb, and DecisionMark are only as good as the data that is provided to them.

The FCC repeatedly asks stations to verify and update their information and parameters. DecisionMark and other services do, too. Our station (actually, it's our department's Administrative Assistant) spends many hours, a couple of times a year, to completely verify and update all of the information on the main, translators, cable systems, and satellite.
It sounds like the issue here involves the content of the station. The FCC does not care about content (other than obscene and indecent) and doesn't look at network affiliations. Go ahead, find it in their database and show us where to look.

As far as the on air/off air status of the station ... that should be reported to the FCC and there are fines involved for being off the air when you should be on (without reporting the off within a time frame) and worse fines for being on the air when you shouldn't be (no grace period on that one).

If a station legally leaves the air it will show up in the FCC database and hopefully Decisionmark and others will find it. But content changes? Someone else is going to have to report that to Decisionmark, etc. Not the FCC.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.