DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until 10B, all seems fine with the HR20 and all the old problems have gone away. Now, just like others have reported, there seems to be evil afoot with the new version. Every post says "RBR", "Do an RBR", "RBR is your friend". Hogwash.

I am not about to RBR every day or two. Besides, half the time I RBR my system goes to the "... Almost There ..." screen and locks up (I wait 2-3 minutes).

Other times, it goes to the "... Searching 1 of 2..." screen and does not move off that screen (5 minute wait this time).

And, if it does ultimately go through the 5+ minute task of starting up, I lose my program guide and have to wait for that to come back over 24 hours.

Lastly, after all the RBRs and other crap, now my remote is not working in its entirely. I know that previous posts have mentioned the the trick play buttons (FF, RW, Pause, etc) have stopped working and a RBR fixes that.

Damn, do I want to RBR to fix that and get locked out!!! Black screens a plenty!!! Not able to start up!!! I am just afraid to touch anything!!!

Please, for my Christmas Miracle, let the new box that should be arriving in 2-3 business days solve all that ails me.

You are off the Budweiser Hot Seat!!! :)

Sincerely Yours,
Ebenezer Scrooge (Bah Humbug!!! HR20)

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
I second your comments, hopefully if I ever get my repacement, it will be like the other 90% that claim they have no problems.

To think I voted against the lottery in Tennessee but I am placing my bets on getting a good unit. :eek2:

·
Mentor
40 Posts
oh, and you're probably just not waiting long enough at the "...almost there ..." screen. iv'e never seen a lock up there, but i have seen it sit on that screen for over 5 minutes. so just chill and wait.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
How about it sitting there for 12 hours?

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
elvisizer said:
oh, and you're probably just not waiting long enough at the "...almost there ..." screen. iv'e never seen a lock up there, but i have seen it sit on that screen for over 5 minutes. so just chill and wait.
Yeah, I think the boot up process takes about 10 minutes total (give or take). I Understand why you wouldn't want to do this often.

There have been many Black Screen Lockups with 0x10B .. Just check out the poll. I'm hopeful that the next release addresses this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.