DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok--I have two hr20's and one r15....somehow I ended up with another remote when I had one hr20 exchanged due to a problem with the second tuner. I was curious as to whether two remotes could operate the same receiver AND whether they would interfere with the other HR20 if I changed that to operate as an RF remote.

I'm very happy to report 1) no interference, 2)excellent range from throughout the house, 3) each receiver uses it's own unique (as far as I can tell with 2 receivers) code so neighbors shouldn't be changing my channels for me. and 4) yes two remotes can run the same receiver....guess my wife and I will have duelling remotes from now on.5) when the receiver is set for RF, it no longer accepts IR.

I was erroneously under the impression from the review of the new RF remotes that I needed to buy one if I wanted that functionality. That's not true at all---the 24 is fully RF capable. and very easy to configure.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,320 Posts
mgcsooner said:
Ok--I have two hr20's and one r15....somehow I ended up with another remote when I had one hr20 exchanged due to a problem with the second tuner. I was curious as to whether two remotes could operate the same receiver AND whether they would interfere with the other HR20 if I changed that to operate as an RF remote.

I'm very happy to report 1) no interference, 2)excellent range from throughout the house, 3) each receiver uses it's own unique (as far as I can tell with 2 receivers) code so neighbors shouldn't be changing my channels for me. and 4) yes two remotes can run the same receiver....guess my wife and I will have duelling remotes from now on.5) when the receiver is set for RF, it no longer accepts IR.

I was erroneously under the impression from the review of the new RF remotes that I needed to buy one if I wanted that functionality. That's not true at all---the 24 is fully RF capable. and very easy to configure.
I have 2 RC23s working per receiver. I am sure using RF one can make only the ones you want to control the unit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.