DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new lighted RF remote today, very nice bright blue back lit. Anyone know how the subscribers will get the antenna that is needed for the back of the receiver to get the RF signal. I`m assuming that Directv will mail them out after the software becomes available.I`m also wondering how the battery life is since it always lights whenever ANY key is pressed, it might of been a better idea to only light when the side button is pressed.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
pressing the side light key disables the light until you press the light again. So you can save the batteries life by only using the light when actually needed.

·
Mentor
40 Posts
If you're talking about the RF working on the HR20, antenna is build in, just program the new remote following the on screen instructions, and it should work. I didn't know that until I read it somewhere in one of the forums.

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
dcbag said:
If you're talking about the RF working on the HR20, antenna is build in, just program the new remote following the on screen instructions, and it should work. I didn't know that until I read it somewhere in one of the forums.
He is right. I don't know which receiver you are using but you need to not only setup the remote for RF, you need to set the receiver as well.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
This thread was originally in the R15 Q&A forum, so OP will need to get an antenna from somewhere for his R15. Of course when that feature is enabled.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
The antenna just improves the distance of the remote its not needed on the receiver R15 or H20

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.