DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. I got my HR20 on this last Saturday and it had an included remote, RC34. I ordered a RC32RF and received it today. I had to program the RC32RF to the HR20 and used codes 00001 or 00002; neither worked. I called tech support and spent some time pushing buttons and then resetting the rcrv, no joy and they are sending a replacement.

After talking to tech support, I was looking through the manual and saw a 'Verifying the Code' section so I decided to try that with my working RC34 to verify the code and then perhaps use that code for the 'broken' RC32RF. Sure enough, now the RC34 is 'broken' and will not operate the HR20. They are now sending a replacement for the RC34 also.

Please, anyone have a clue about what would make both of these remotes into paperweights?

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bevonemo,

I fixed it; both remotes had to be reactivated in RF mode--oddly enough not one of the t/s steps with tech support. I've called them back, cancelled the 'replacements' and told them what was wrong. I hope they will add that check to the list :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.