DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new HR20 with a RC34 Remote.

I use to have a Direct TV Tivo receiver and one feature I loved on my remote was that it was setup that I could turn the volume up and down on my stereo receiver with the remote in normal mode.

The RC34 will adjust the vol on my stereo but I have to switch to the AV1.

My question is.....

Is there anyway I can change the volume while in Direct TV mode without having to slide the slidebar over to AV1, with this one remote?

Thanks

HDfreddy

· Godfather
338 Posts
Hi Freddy,

It's worded a little funny in the setup. Setup>Remote>Program Remote> AV1>Stereo> "your stereo brand"

When you get to the code screen, you don't have to do steps 1-3 since you did them already. Step 4 should be the instruction on how to program VOL/MUTE (the volume and mute buttons) to work in other modes besides AV1. Press 993 then SELECT. (I think that's a universal command across code screens)

· Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BJM, thanks for the response. That didn't work, at least the way I tried it. I wonder if anyone knows the command for a Sony V333s home theatre receiver?

Thanks

HDfreddy

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
First there needs to be a tv code programmed to the tv device. Then do the following:

1. av1
2. press and hold MUTE SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press SELECT

· Legend
129 Posts
I'm going to have to give that a try. I keep trying to adjust my AV receiver in the D* mode and man it gets frustrating.
Thx for the tip.:grin:

· Legend
129 Posts
HDfreddy said:
Yep it works, BUT

My thought is to change the volume of the stereo without having to switch the slider to AV1.

HDfreddy
Yea, that's what I was wanting as well.
That method didn't work for me either.:(

· Mentor
49 Posts
If you can control your stereo reciever volume using AV1 you should be able to control the same volume from the DTV mode by going to AV1 and entering the following.
From AV1 mode

1. press and hold MUTE SELECT for two blinks
2. enter 9-9-3 see two blinks
3. press SELECT

Then go back to DTV mode and it should control the volume. I have a yamaha V-2600 and volume works in DTV mode.

· DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
coolhdtv said:
If you can control your stereo reciever volume using AV1 you should be able to control the same volume from the DTV mode by going to AV1 and entering the following.
From AV1 mode

1. press and hold MUTE SELECT for two blinks
2. enter 9-9-3 see two blinks
3. press SELECT

Then go back to DTV mode and it should control the volume. I have a yamaha V-2600 and volume works in DTV mode.
I wish the "off" button controlled not only my TV and HR20 from the "D*" position, but turned off my receiver as well. I have to slide the switch to "AV1" and press "PWR" twice to turn off my receiver. :(

· Legend
115 Posts
Hi - The problem I'm having is the opposite of what others he have asked for. I want to control the volume (along with power and mute) on my Marantz AMP only in AV1 or AV2 mode but the TV in D* or TV mode. Everytime I enter my AMP in under AV1 or AV2 I can no longer control the volume on the TV in any of the four modes only the AMP.

Additionally with my TV when I increase or decrease the volume it goes up by 2-4 rather then just by 1. I also can see my inputs on the tV but can't move to select any.

· Legend
115 Posts
OK - I have AMP working just for AV1 now rather then all.

I still have the issue with my TV volume increasing by 2-4 notches rather then by 1 and not being able to select or move between inputs.

Any option to program AV2 to be able to do anything with the xbox360?

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
MarkGSportsNut said:
OK - I have AMP working just for AV1 now rather then all.

I still have the issue with my TV volume increasing by 2-4 notches rather then by 1 and not being able to select or move between inputs.

Any option to program AV2 to be able to do anything with the xbox360?
The xbox 3460 code is 21708.

· Legend
115 Posts
360 code worked great. Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out TV Input and volume..

· Icon
2,263 Posts
I have everything kind of working, but the last thing I'm trying to do is to get my TV to turn off without having the HR20 turn off from the D* setting on the remote. When I push off, both turn off (and if that happens, will my shows still record, will the settings be saved etc.). So how do I do that? I have a panny 42" 60U unit.

Also, how do I tell which Remote I have? There's no obvious model number, but there's an FCC ID: MG32481

7 Posts
Steveknj said:
I have everything kind of working, but the last thing I'm trying to do is to get my TV to turn off without having the HR20 turn off from the D* setting on the remote. When I push off, both turn off (and if that happens, will my shows still record, will the settings be saved etc.). So how do I do that? I have a panny 42" 60U unit.

Also, how do I tell which Remote I have? There's no obvious model number, but there's an FCC ID: MG32481
The model number should appear in the upper-left corner on the front, above the TV INPUT button.

Have you tried pressing the TV POWER ON button to turn your TV off? That works for me.

· Icon
2,263 Posts
EastTexan said:
The model number should appear in the upper-left corner on the front, above the TV INPUT button.

Have you tried pressing the TV POWER ON button to turn your TV off? That works for me.
Nope, didn't work for me. I was hoping. I'll just flip the switch if I have to.

Thanks for the model number. My old eyes didn't even see that!!

· Registered
5,451 Posts
I am looking for the code that will work with a Bose Lifestyle 48...

It doesn't work with the one that is in the displayed selection of the remote program. I have also called and got a few more codes that do not work as well.

Does new support for hardware get mentioned in any release notes of firmware upgrades?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.