DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 2 new HR20's. (one of them DOA but thats another story.)
On the RC34 remote, I programed it to control the volume of my Sansung tv.
I have to push it once for each volume increase or decrease, I can't hold it down to have the volume go up or down. (ie if I push it up it goes to 20, but no further if I hold it, push it again, goes to 21, again to 22, etc.) Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks,

·
Legend
200 Posts
fxguy said:
I just got 2 new HR20's. (one of them DOA but thats another story.)
On the RC34 remote, I programed it to control the volume of my Sansung tv.
I have to push it once for each volume increase or decrease, I can't hold it down to have the volume go up or down. (ie if I push it up it goes to 20, but no further if I hold it, push it again, goes to 21, again to 22, etc.) Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks,
That may be an issue with the Samsung TV, which uses some weird proprietary codes.
I know that with my Samsung 32" TV, you have the "pump" the volume of ANY universal remote control, and the same with the TIVO and HR20 remotes.
In fact, some Sony universal remotes don't even list Samsung as an option because of this issue.
Give a try to that code the other guy mentioned, and good luck.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
yeah i know same thing happens to both my samsung tv with any of the remotes except the harmony 880 i think

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changing the code worked, thanks!!!
(Without starting a new thread anyone know how to set the HR20 to only keep one copy of a show like my tivo? ie I want to record the news at 11pm everyday but only want one copy saved, not all of them?)

Thanks so much!

·
Legend
192 Posts
For some reason I can't find the proper code that will allow me to press and hold the volume which will raise and lower the volume continuously. I have the same exact remote programed for another Samsung TV and it works fine for that setup. I have it working for the same TV that I'm trying to get going now with another RC34. I've found a bunch of codes that seem to work the volume by pressing it one push at a time, but not how I'd like it for this TV. Strange.

Is there any way to pull a remote code from the RC34 that works? The TV in question is a Samsung LNT3253H 32" LCD.

Scooter :)

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
Scooter22 said:
For some reason I can't find the proper code that will allow me to press and hold the volume which will raise and lower the volume continuously. I have the same exact remote programed for another Samsung TV and it works fine for that setup. I have it working for the same TV that I'm trying to get going now with another RC34. I've found a bunch of codes that seem to work the volume by pressing it one push at a time, but not how I'd like it for this TV. Strange.

Is there any way to pull a remote code from the RC34 that works? The TV in question is a Samsung LNT3253H 32" LCD.

Try code 10702 repeating volume commands.

·
Legend
192 Posts
Edmund said:
Try code 10702 repeating volume commands.
Thanks for you reply. That was the first thing I tried when read the thread. I didn't have any luck with that one. I did try it again though. This is really weird. There seem to be so many codes that work the volume in increments, but not continuously.
Btw, what did you mean by repeating volume commands?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.