DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my HR20's a week apart. One came with an RC24 remote, the other with an RC34. The RC34 seems to outperform the RC24 in RF mode when using them from the furthest point away from my TV in the master bedroom. Can anyone confirm whether or not the RC34 is a better RF performer? If so, am I able to exchange my RC24 for an RC34?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
The RC34 is newer than RC24 so it may be a better performer but there is no way to get the RC34 except with a new HR20 but you might be able to order the RC32RF which is the same as the 24 only with backlit keys and more codes for components

·
Icon
657 Posts
My RC34 is a little buggy, a lot of single button presses go through as two presses, i.e. I will hit Guide, Guide to get to the guide but the remote picks up Guide, Guide, Guide so I am at the screen that isn't really the guide again. It does this on channel changes and select button presses as well. I can wait until I accidently hit Dash in MyPlaylist and get Dash, Dash and delete something important like the Lotto numbers for that night.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
NYSmoker said:
My RC34 is a little buggy, a lot of single button presses go through as two presses, i.e. I will hit Guide, Guide to get to the guide but the remote picks up Guide, Guide, Guide so I am at the screen that isn't really the guide again. It does this on channel changes and select button presses as well. I can wait until I accidently hit Dash in MyPlaylist and get Dash, Dash and delete something important like the Lotto numbers for that night.
I have both remotes and I've noticed this problem on both of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.