DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I just got two H23's installed and got the RC64 remotes with them. My first question is what is the Remote code for a Toshiba 32HL67 television, because I have tried looking on the receiver and on the website, and ones given do not work. Then, is the RC64 RF compatible?

Thanks

· Hall Of Fame
8,756 Posts
hdsoccer said:
Hello Everyone,
I just got two H23's installed and got the RC64 remotes with them. My first question is what is the Remote code for a Toshiba 32HL67 television, because I have tried looking on the receiver and on the website, and ones given do not work. Then, is the RC64 RF compatible?

Thanks
Looks at my signature for the link to the RCXX remote control codes.

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
hdsoccer said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
No the Rc64 isn't a RF remote. And try codes 10765 & 11656 for the toshiba.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edmund said:
No the Rc64 isn't a RF remote. And try codes 10765 & 11656 for the toshiba.
I have tried both of those codes and the television responds to all commands except for the volume button and the tv input button, is there any way to get either to work?

Thanks for the help

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
hdsoccer said:
I have tried both of those codes and the television responds to all commands except for the volume button and the tv input button, is there any way to get either to work?

Thanks for the help
The tv input yes, by doing the following if you use code 11656:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 0

You won't be able to get TV input using code 10765.

As for the volume, sorry but you're out of luck. All white directv remotes add an extra signal to each volume command, this CAN"T be turned off, this extra signal makes the volume commands unrecognizable to the recent Regza toshiba models. The white remotes have not changed, its the toshiba tv's that have become more sensitive to the IR signals it accepts.

Abandon the tv volume for a AV receiver volume, many do that anyways.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edmund said:
The tv input yes, by doing the following if you use code 11656:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 0

You won't be able to get TV input using code 10765.

As for the volume, sorry but you're out of luck. All white directv remotes add an extra signal to each volume command, this CAN"T be turned off, this extra signal makes the volume commands unrecognizable to the recent Regza toshiba models. The white remotes have not changed, its the toshiba tv's that have become more sensitive to the IR signals it accepts.

Abandon the tv volume for a AV receiver volume, many do that anyways.
OK, I have tried that and that does not work. As for the volume and tv input I still have the television remote, I just wanted to see if it would work on the Directv remote for convenience.

Thanks for the help, have a nice holiday.

· Hall Of Fame
8,756 Posts
hdsoccer said:
OK, I have tried that and that does not work. As for the volume and tv input I still have the television remote, I just wanted to see if it would work on the Directv remote for convenience.

Thanks for the help, have a nice holiday.
Have you tried all of these codes?

Found more

· Hall Of Fame
1,161 Posts
There's a way to scroll through all the remote numbers in set-up. It might find one that's compatible for your tv. I forgot and I'm at work, so can't help you out now.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
finaldiet said:
There's a way to scroll through all the remote numbers in set-up. It might find one that's compatible for your tv. I forgot and I'm at work, so can't help you out now.
Here ya go...

SEARCHING FOR TV, AV1 OR AV2 CODES
If you were unable to find the code for your brand of TV or
component, you can try a code search. This process may
take up to 30 minutes.
  1. Turn on the TV or component. Insert a tape or disk ifapplicable.
  2. Slide the MODE switch to the TV, AV1 or AV2 position,as desired.
  3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
  4. Enter 9-9-1 followed by one of the following fourdigits:
    COMPONENT TYPE COMPONENT ID #
    Satellite 0
    TV 1
    VCR/DVD/PVR 2
    Stereo 3
  5. Press PWR, or other functions (e.g. PLAY for VCR) you want to use.
  6. Point the remote at the TV or component and press CHAN▲. Repeatedly press CHAN▲ until the TV or component turns off or performs the action you selected in step 5.
    NOTE: Every time CHAN▲ is pressed the remote
    advances to the next code and power is transmitted
    to the component.
  7. Use the CHAN▼ key to step back a code.
  8. When the TV or component turns off turns off or performs the action you selected in step 5, stop pressing the CHAN▲ key. Then, press and release the
    SELECT key.
NOTE:
If the light flashes 3 times before the TV or component responds, you've cycled through all codes and the code you need is not available. You must use the remote that came with your TV or component.​

Mike

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Give it up, no code will give the OP the volume commands, you take the same UEI toshiba tv codes listed in this thread and program it into a UEI made universal like from radio shack or one-for-all and they would work fine for the volume, its just the white remotes extra signal thats the problem.

The volume keys work right during a codesearch because the extra signal is missing, but once you lock in the code, its back!!

· Hall Of Fame
8,756 Posts
Edmund said:
Give it up, no code will give the OP the volume commands, you take the same UEI toshiba tv codes listed in this thread and program it into a UEI made universal like from radio shack or one-for-all and they would work fine for the volume, its just the white remotes extra signal thats the problem.

The volume keys work right during a codesearch because the extra signal is missing, but once you lock in the code, its back!!
Wait a second, I have a Toshiba TV (4 years old) and my RC64RB remote control works the volume just fine with it. Theres got to be one that works? Hmmmm.......

Edmund said:
The H23's do not come with a RF remote, but an IR only RC64.
So an RF compatible receiver is sent out with an IR only remote control? Interesting.

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
theratpatrol said:
Wait a second, I have a Toshiba TV (4 years old) and my RC64RB remote control works the volume just fine with it. Theres got to be one that works? Hmmmm.......

So an RF compatible receiver is sent out with an IR only remote control? Interesting.
the majority of the toshiba out there are fine using the toshiba codes in the white remotes. And some of the tv in the Regza line are fine, but most in that line of toshiba line of tv's are not compatible with white remotes. I have been dealing with this for two years over 4 different forums.

Its not just the toshiba line, recent sony and rca have had this same trouble too. None of the codes have working volume, but when they do a codesearch it works fine until you lock in the code.

This extra signal is what tells the directv receiver what tv code you're using, and if theres a tv code programmed at all. Dumb feature. :(

· Hall Of Fame
2,345 Posts
theratpatrol said:
Yea, thats typical. IR remotes are $15, RF remotes are $25, and RF remotes + antenna are $30. I think RC64RB's are $35.
So, if DirecTV sends out a remote that works but you want one thats RF, they can get an extra $25 for it.

Sometimes you'll get an RC64R with an HDDVR, but for the most part, its regular RC64's.

// Edmund, I assume the 'extra signal' is all white remotes? Or is it just the latest RC64 models? Would the op have any better luck with the RC32 or RC24?
Which gives me another thought, what about unlocking the volume command, so it works on whatever mode you have the switch selected to, does it still send the 'extra signal' ?

Also... When I press volume up, it lights up the DirecTV logo 1st, THEN it lights up AV1. So that means its sending a signal to my receiver 1st, right?

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
It won't matter what white remote you have, they all have this signal. If you don't have a tv code or av receiver code programmed in, all you have is this extra signal mapped to the volume keys, with tv code, you have TV volume + the signal, and you have the AV receiver punched through to all devices then you AV volume & this signal.

So far I haven't seen any audio receivers that are rejecting the volume on account of the extra signal like the tv are.

· Hall Of Fame
2,345 Posts
Edmund said:
It won't matter what white remote you have, they all have this signal. If you don't have a tv code or av receiver code programmed in, all you have is this extra signal mapped to the volume keys, with tv code, you have TV volume + the signal, and you have the AV receiver punched through to all devices then you AV volume & this signal.

So far I haven't seen any audio receivers that are rejecting the volume on account of the extra signal like the tv are.
You said that when in code search/programming, the 'extra signal' does not get sent. What about when unlocking the volume (so that if I set it to AV1, it sends volume commands to AV1, then I can switch it to AV2, and send volume to AV2, etc etc).

If unlocking the volume would work, the OP could program his TV code to TV mode, and say, AV2, and then have to switch to AV2 in order to use volume, but otherwise all TV functions would work fine in DirecTV mode

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
CJTE said:
You said that when in code search/programming, the 'extra signal' does not get sent. What about when unlocking the volume (so that if I set it to AV1, it sends volume commands to AV1, then I can switch it to AV2, and send volume to AV2, etc etc).

If unlocking the volume would work, the OP could program his TV code to TV mode, and say, AV2, and then have to switch to AV2 in order to use volume, but otherwise all TV functions would work fine in DirecTV mode
No, it won't work as I have said, there is NO WAY to turn this signal OFF!!

When UEI AND URC the universal remote makers, made up thier D10 receiver codes 3 years or so ago, they included this extra signal mapped to the volume keys in the SAT devices of there remotes. So if you don't have tv code programmed to your UEI or URC universal and its not punched through to the SAT device, pressing volume keys in the sat device will initiate a message at the bottom of that Tv screen that tv device isn't programmed yet. It through me when the sat receiver is informing that my afternmarket universal remote isn't programmed. :)

· Hall Of Fame
2,345 Posts
Edmund said:
No, it won't work as I have said, there is NO WAY to turn this signal OFF!!

When UEI AND URC the universal remote makers, made up thier D10 receiver codes 3 years or so ago, they included this extra signal mapped to the volume keys in the SAT devices of there remotes. So if you don't have tv code programmed to your UEI or URC universal and its not punched through to the SAT device, pressing volume keys in the sat device will initiate a message at the bottom of that Tv screen that tv device isn't programmed yet. It through me when the sat receiver is informing that my afternmarket universal remote isn't programmed. :)
I understand what you're saying.
You have to have a TV code programmed into TV mode.
By default, the Volume keys are locked to TV mode. As you know, you can unlock them and then lock them to AV1 or AV2, but what happens if you simply dont re-lock them, and just leave them unlocked. Does it still send the extra signal to the receiver, even though its unlocked!?!

So, you have your DirecTV remote in DirecTV mode, and you do whatever, then to adjust the volume, you flip the switch to, say, AV1, adjust the volume, then flip back to DirecTV mode.
If you attempt to push volume up in DirecTV mode, (unless you specifically lock the volume keys to another mode), it defaults to TV mode, and therefore doesnt work, because it sends the extra signal.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.