DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
I have a RC71, RC71B, RC71L, RC72 and a RC73 which I have been using since 2015. They get cleaned weekly with a vacuum attachment and have been issue free.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ya, then you have those that eat food and handle the remote with food stuff on their fingers, which finds its way down inside. Pizza comes to minds as has plenty of oils or the like. I wipe the R 73 remote down every so often. We have 3 remotes for 3 TV's, and use wipes.

·
Godfather
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If it costs you more than a few minutes to repair a $15 item, you've arguably wasted your time. I don't think it is reasonable to assume that failures are all that common. There's usually a reason that remotes fail prematurely. It might be interesting to crack the remote open and see what got into it but I wouldn't expect to fix it.

The video you sent looks interesting. I’ll probably take mine apart just to see if there’s an obvious problem. I have nothing to lose.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
I have plenty of time and curiosity to see what was the problem... I don't mind to try fix anything what's falling into my hands !
It has been well-established that you're more curious about how things work than actually using them. Remote controls are disposable commodities and present nothing of much interest to most humans.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
The video you sent looks interesting. I’ll probably take mine apart just to see if there’s an obvious problem. I have nothing to lose.
best on I saw on u-tube --was some buttons on a rc73 won't respond---Remove the batteries--hold the power button down (for full 30 sec) -then (with batteries still out) Work all the Buttons and with both hands (like a mental patient) for one minute --replace the batteries and test --Repeat the process if the test fails --working the buttons longer and test again. (Even the numbers)

I tried that and it worked for my remote

Reactions: dlt4

·
Godfather
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
best on I saw on u-tube --was some buttons on a rc73 won't respond---Remove the batteries--hold the power button down (for full 30 sec) -then (with batteries still out) Work all the Buttons and with both hands (like a mental patient) for one minute --replace the batteries and test --Repeat the process if the test fails --working the buttons longer and test again. (Even the numbers)

I tried that and it worked for my remote
Thank you for posting this! It took about a half dozen tries but it did the trick. Many thanks 😊

21 - 27 of 27 Posts