DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first shipments to retail have started for a new line of RCA televisions designed to enhance the playing experience on the Xbox video game system from Microsoft.

Under a two-year exclusive arrangement, Thomson is introducing a line of 11 analog TV sets that incorporate the innovative RCA VPORT connection. The VPORT enables the televisions to deliver dramatically improved picture detail for Xbox functions and will be easily identified by the "Xbox Ready" logo on the front of the TV.

36-inch RCA VPORT models include:

*Model F36TF720 - (Suggested retail price $1,499, available in August.) TruFlat picture tube, twin-tuner picture-in-picture and digital 3-line comb filter.
* Model F36718 - (Suggested retail price $1,049, available in July.) Twin-tuner picture-in-picture, digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.
* Model F36650 - (Suggested retail price $899, and now available.) Digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

32-inch RCA VPORT models include:

*Model F32TF720 - (Suggested retail price $1,049, available in August.) TruFlat picture tube, twin-tuner picture-in-picture and digital 3-line comb filter.
*Model F32718 - (Suggested retail price $799, available in July.) Twin-tuner picture-in-picture, digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.
* Model F32650 - (Suggested retail price $649 and now available.) Digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

27-inch RCA VPORT models include:

*Model F27TF720 - (Suggested retail price $649, available in August.) TruFlat picture tube, twin-tuner picture-in-picture and digital 3-line comb filter.
* Model F27TF700 - (Suggested retail price $599, available in August.) TruFlat picture tube, digital three-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.
* Model F27718 - (Suggested retail price $499, available in August.) Twin-tuner picture-in-picture, digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.
* Model F27650 - (Suggested retail price $399, available in August.) Digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

20-inch RCA VPORT model:

*Model F20TF20 - (Suggested retail price $349, available in September.) TruFlat picture tube, digital 3-line comb filter and Sound Logic audio leveler.

Back to today's headlines

The UltimateXbox Coming Soon?
Microsoft Goes Covert With Gaming/PVR Solution

According to the Wall Street Journal, Microsoft is undergoing a "secret" project with code name "Freon" tacked on to it (as if that makes it sound substantially important) for what some sources say could be the next Xbox successor with UltimateTV capabilities.

The new product will be capable of playing games but also offering television capabilities, such as pausing live TV and recording shows onto a computer hard drive. Such a device, which could cost around $500, would have another big advantage: It could beat video-game market leader Sony to the punch, according to the Journal.

Microsoft officials are contemplating the release of the new game machine sometime next year or in 2004. Sony isn't expected to release its next PlayStation system until 2005.

From SkyRetailer (Used with Permission)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
My Dispising of RCA equipment and the history of MS leaving vendors in the lurch may make this an interesting story to watch in the upcoming months.

·
Godfather
326 Posts
Perhaps this new box, or "Freon," is farther along than I/we thought.

Maybe this explains the recent XBox price drop...paving the way for the new, more expensive system.

Figures. I had to dive in and get an XBox, and now they make this XBox/PVR hybrid announcement.

Somewhere an MS exec is saying "Suckers!" I'll bet MS won't make add-ons available either for existing XBox owners. :nono:

I do like the prospect of an "XBox ready" TV. I have an RCA TV that had a "picture shrinking" problem that was easily fixed...and I'm happy w/ the picture.

But I'll have to see a definite difference in an XBox ready TV for me to dive in.

--BearsFan

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Howsa 'bout a TV-optimized XBox instead???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.