Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are also easily upgradeable. I bought a 120GB HD for mine for $123 and now it holds up to 105 hours.

· Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Thats the pain with the DirecTivo I have now. The wife won't let me upgrade it and I'm too scared to try. If I break it, she'd kill me. Might miss General Hostpital or something...

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife wants me to upgrade hers - I found a Seagate 80GB for $95. She said no because she didin't want me to erase all the stuff she has on the one she has now. Hers is always full. Wouldn't want to get rid of any of those Trading Spaces episodes. Go figure....

· Icon
880 Posts
Originally posted by James_F
Thats the pain with the DirecTivo I have now. The wife won't let me upgrade it and I'm too scared to try. If I break it, she'd kill me. Might miss General Hostpital or something...
Try here for upgrade services/instructions: http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hinsdale-how-to/

Originally posted by karl_f
My wife wants me to upgrade hers - I found a Seagate 80GB for $95. She said no because she didin't want me to erase all the stuff she has on the one she has now. Hers is always full. Wouldn't want to get rid of any of those Trading Spaces episodes. Go figure....
If you just add the 80 gig as a second drive and leave the original 40 gig alone, you won't lose anything, since those recording are on the original drive.

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if I am walking into a trap, but you can't add a second drive to a UTV. There's only one spot and one set of cables. You can add a second drive to a Directivo. Oh well, her loss.....

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sale at www.mini-dishes.com ended yesterday. The best price I know about now is $49.99 at Circuit City for new subs, $99 for existing subs.

· Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Originally posted by Chuck W

Try here for upgrade services/instructions: http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hinsdale-how-to/

If you just add the 80 gig as a second drive and leave the original 40 gig alone, you won't lose anything, since those recording are on the original drive.
I have the touch with computers. If anything can go wrong, it will. Especially when it matters with my wife. Her computer works until I am on it. Its best to just smile and let things be. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.