DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which receiver is better the RCA "RG" series or the Hughes EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR PACK?

Right now I have an RCA 450RG receiver, but I am getting tired of the receiver because it is always resetting itself. This happens when I am watching one program change the channel during a commercial to view another channel then switch back to the original program I was watching. Resetting the receiver takes about 3 minutes. I am looking for a reliable main tv receiver with Caller ID. I have two other RCA receivers. They are both the RCA 420RE receivers. They work just fine.

Thanks for your help.

8 Posts
I have two RCA DRD450RG receivers with no problems. Only gripe is the EPG (program guide) is slow. How old is the RCA 450 receiver? Sounds like a defect, maybe you can get a warranty replacement.

G

·
i had the rca 485 RG , guide is VERY VERY SLOW. remote is the same they been using for the last 4 years . Hughes guide is better, gives more information in the program description, and is very fast. Hughes has a great remote also. Only the Hughes systems are full of bugs and the recievers are generally unreliable from what i have read at other forums and my own experiance . Forget about tech support, both companies are a complete joke. Getting a signal of 100% on sat 101 and 90% on sat 119 is easy with the hughes (gceb0A). getting a reliable box is another question. Sorry, I couldnt recomend either brand at this time .

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
If I had my choice of standard recievers, I'd probably go with the Samsung. They seem to be quick and have a really good guide system. YMMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.