DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be moving my dish from the side of my house to a pole on the hill behind my house. Rather than calling Dish, is there any reason I can't re-aim this thing myself (I've installed DirecTV, single dish in the past and also DirecWay).

From what I understand, this hits 3 satellites, but only 2 satellites are actively being used. If I don't mess with the LNB's (just keep them all the same) and mount it on the new pole, should I just be able to turn the entire thing to re-align it ?

Also, does the height change make a significant difference ? It will be about 20-30 feet higher than the existing mount ?

Thanks in advance.

· Super Moderator
10,091 Posts
swallman said:
From what I understand, this hits 3 satellites, but only 2 satellites are actively being used. If I don't mess with the LNB's (just keep them all the same) and mount it on the new pole, should I just be able to turn the entire thing to re-align it ?
No reason it should become an issue unless you have LOS obstructions. Are you sure you still need a SuperDish?

swallman said:
Also, does the height change make a significant difference ? It will be about 20-30 feet higher than the existing mount ?
Nope, not on a SuperDish. Just make sure your Line of Sight is clear.

· AllStar
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason Nipp said:
No reason it should become an issue unless you have LOS obstructions. Are you sure you still need a SuperDish?

Nope, not on a SuperDish. Just make sure your Line of Sight is clear.
LOS looks good. RE: the SuperDish, I'll keep it for now. Don't have any extra $$ to spend LOL...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.