DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Tain't ogre til its ogre
14,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or is anyone else seeing this. If I respond on a regular thread (without a poll) my new post gets inserted, and when I go out to the forum, the thread shows it was read already. In a Poll thread, I insert a post and then go out to the forum and see that the post I just inserted is showing that I have not read it. Is this a setting on my end or a forum setting or a quirk? (Comments about me being a quack, that's a different subject entirely and should be taking to the appropriate thread, ok?)

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
Not sure how long it's been doing it... but I noticed this today as well... after I replied to the "what happens in CE" thread, when I went back to the CE forum, it showed that thread bolded....

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
I just opened the "so you think you can dance" thread (with poll) for the first time ever. Opened it and went back to the view new posts screen (that I always use). It's no longer bolded - shows it as read.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
This version of the vBulletin software uses cookies to remember what has been read and what hasn't. I regularly run into the maximum size limit for cookies and all newly read threads no longer remember what has been read.

So I now log off the side to clear cookies every other day or so. (Normally I leave a tab or 4 on DBStalk for days.) :)

Cheers,
Tom

14,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So logging off and back on should correct this for me? I'll give it a shot, thanks gentlemen and Tom. :D :p Just Kidding Tom.

· Registered
8,671 Posts
If you use "back" to back out too fast it misses tagging as "read"..
slow down, your posting too fast :p

14,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so I have done as suggested and yet still get the issue of a Poll Thread not updating that I read (because I wrote it) my own posted post, with cookies removed, login and logout every time I access the DBSTalk, oh and I s l o w e d w a y d o w n t o o ! To no avail. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.