DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching the HD Channell of Fox 40 KTXL and I am getting terrible pixilization. I have 2 HR20's and it is happening on both. Every other channell including all the HD channells are fine.

Anyone else having this problem?

· Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
D* says it is s problem from the station itself.

I can't be the only one?

· Godfather
395 Posts
Fox40 in Sacramento is by far the cleanest MPG4 signal I get. I have never noticed macro-blocking (large pixelation). I'm inclined to think its something in setup? Maybe just a reboot too will fix it.

· Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
premio said:
Fox40 in Sacramento is by far the cleanest MPG4 signal I get. I have never noticed macro-blocking (large pixelation). I'm inclined to think its something in setup? Maybe just a reboot too will fix it.
Reset did not do it and is happening on both boxes. D* said it was first repoted on 12/11. Where are you located?

· Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
premio said:
Check it out now and tell me what you see.

· Godfather
395 Posts
mocciat said:
Check it out now and tell me what you see.
You're right, it looks like a$$. I have never seen this on Fox HD before, but do watch SD programs on the mpg2 channel. House HD looked awesome last night. Definately a local issue, but this was one of those recently added under a Tribune contract I believe, and was told that the signal comes out from a large network hub for many stations owned by them, so who knows. But stop worrying about your equipment. =)

BTW: that is not macro-blocking. That looks more like the signal compilers are out of memory.

· Icon
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
premio said:
You're right, it looks like a$$. I have never seen this on Fox HD before, but do watch SD programs on the mpg2 channel. House HD looked awesome last night. Definately a local issue, but this was one of those recently added under a Tribune contract I believe, and was told that the signal comes out from a large network hub for many stations owned by them, so who knows. But stop worrying about your equipment. =)

BTW: that is not macro-blocking. That looks more like the signal compilers are out of memory.
Well this sounds bad but I'm glad yours looks like a$$ also. Thanks for checking it out for me otherwise I would have to wake up my neighbors to look at theirs. :)

· DBSTalk Club Member
463 Posts
I was watching on Monday night, OTA with an HR10, and saw the same problem. Looked like a problem with perhaps the station's studio-to-transmitter microwave link -- under the right (wrong) weather conditions, those links can do things like this. I'll talk to my contacts at the station and see if they are aware of any problems. I recorded "House" on Tuesday night and didn't have any issues.

If you see this, please note the time of day/program that was affected. That will help track it down. Usually if it is an atmospheric thing, it will almost always happen between the hours of 8-11pm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.