DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Icon
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning now for the past four mornings I have had to reboot in order to get the HR20 to perform. After rebooting everything is fine until the next morning. Never had this problem prior to the last software download.

·
Legend
113 Posts
Ditto, this release needs a fix.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
This seems to be affecting quite a few people. I had this happen a few times to me right after I forced the update. I noticed that it happened two days in a row when I left the TV on Discovery HD the night before. On the third night (and every night since then) I left the channel on an SD chaneel and never had the freeze issue. I guess I need to leave it on an HD channel again tonight to see if it is HD related.

I guess it is possible that the buffer is getting filled too much with HD content and crashing the machine?

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Having the same problem with this release. Missed a weekend's worth of scheduled recordings -- they all showed up blank. System then wouldn't change channels until I did a reboot.

I'm also now experiencing incredibly long delays between channel changes.

It's getting extremely disappointing that these new releases seem to cause more problems than they repair...

·
ke6cdn
424 Posts
Try reinstalling Ox10b using 02468 after reset, then do another reset after the reinstall.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Same problems here, 1-2 reboots a day due to incredibly long channel change delays, black screens, HR20 not responding to the remote, and trick plays freezing the screen.

This is getting ridiculous. I didn't have these problems before 10b.

·
Icon
752 Posts
DishDog said:
Try reinstalling Ox10b using 02468 after reset, then do another reset after the reinstall.
I had same problems over here...reinstalled sunday and everything is doing much better no rbr needed.

·
Legend
197 Posts
jlancaster said:
I had same problems over here...reinstalled sunday and everything is doing much better no rbr needed.
That has worked for me too... (fingers crossed):rolleyes:

·
Mentor
39 Posts
What did you do to do a "reinstall"???????

I love this receiver and also hate it. Love it when it works, but hate it when the wife tells me that what she recorded worked, but no sound was working or that she had to reboot it to get it to come on in the morning.

HDfreddy

·
Icon
765 Posts
HDfreddy said:
What did you do to do a "reinstall"???????

I love this receiver and also hate it. Love it when it works, but hate it when the wife tells me that what she recorded worked, but no sound was working or that she had to reboot it to get it to come on in the morning.

HDfreddy
The 02468 is how to reinstall. I have noticed with every change in sw, that I had problems utnil I did a rbr , then all was fine. Seems like it just needs a rbr after a load, so do the 02468 let it finish, then rbr it. That seems to help a lot.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
HolmesCo said:
The 02468 is how to reinstall. I have noticed with every change in sw, that I had problems utnil I did a rbr , then all was fine. Seems like it just needs a rbr after a load, so do the 02468 let it finish, then rbr it. That seems to help a lot.
The HR20 reboots itself after a software update, and forcing a download is almost never recommended. Just let it happen naturally.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
I have had more lockups with this version than with any of the previous versions.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
i agree, Earl Stated that they rollout the software upgrades for a reason. Apparently they didnt even test these out. why rollout something that doesn't work and is worse off than before.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.