DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the following message on my screen around 10:30 A.M. Eastern Time:

Your receiver has not received guide information for 1 hour. Please contact Directv customer service. (920)

Anyone know anything about this. I haven't tried a reset or anything yet. I have an HR22-100.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
joannel said:

Your receiver has not received guide information for 1 hour. Please contact Directv customer service. (920)

Anyone know anything about this. I haven't tried a reset or anything yet. I have an HR22-100.
Exactly what it says.
The guide information comes from either 101 or 119, so you might want to check the signal levels on these.

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joannel said:

It's all set. Tech support just had me disconnect and reconnect the coax coming and going out of the receiver and that fixed it.

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
veryoldschool said:
I'd keep an eye on it, because that isn't really "a fix". ;)
Thanks, I'm kind of hoping it dies anyway. I'm hoping to get an HR24 or something faster than the HR22, but I know there's no guarantee.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
joannel said:
Thanks, I'm kind of hoping it dies anyway. I'm hoping to get an HR24 or something faster than the HR22, but I know there's no guarantee.
Things to look for:
When/if this happens again, check the SAT levels for 101 and 119 [if you have the SL5]. If these are good, then this might be the guide tuner that is having the problem. If they aren't good, then you'll have a hard time blaming the receiver.
The is a diagnostic test menu that you can enter during a reboot when it say it's running self testing, and you press select to get into it. Run the guided tests and you will see much more details of the hardware.

·
ΔS > 0
1,972 Posts
joannel said:
Don't get your hopes up. They usually replace a bad DVR with the same model.

·
ΔS > 0
1,972 Posts
veryoldschool said:
This sort of depends on the process. Having one drop shipped isn't likely to be a HR24, while having a service call and being replaced tends to.
Good point. I assumed a drop ship.

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
I also get this 920 after ird has been off awhile and I turn it on. I have an HR24 and 4 other receivers including one other 24. Only have the problem with the one unit.

I had a tech out a week ago and he tweaked the dish and replace the 8-way splitter and some cable ends. It worked ok for 2-3 days and started again. Not every day but 3 times in last 4 days! Always a reset and it works fine...never a problem when it's on, just when left off for several hours. Turn off and right back on many time with np. 2nd tech came out and replaced hr24 and today I get same issue. I'm losing faith in their techs. Ima leave it on for a few days just to see what happens.

All signals are high 90's, however when I get the 920 the pic freezes but you can still navigate the menu and signal all zeros until reset.

SWM, (2)HR24 (1)HR20 (2)H21, slimline and the install is over a year old. Never had any problem until latest update...when that power saving mode popup started...so did the problem.

Any ideas.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
mrpickem said:
I also get this 920 after ird has been off awhile and I turn it on. I have an HR24 and 4 other receivers including one other 24. Only have the problem with the one unit.

I had a tech out a week ago and he tweaked the dish and replace the 8-way splitter and some cable ends. It worked ok for 2-3 days and started again. Not every day but 3 times in last 4 days! Always a reset and it works fine...never a problem when it's on, just when left off for several hours. Turn off and right back on many time with np. 2nd tech came out and replaced hr24 and today I get same issue. I'm losing faith in their techs. Ima leave it on for a few days just to see what happens.

All signals are high 90's, however when I get the 920 the pic freezes but you can still navigate the menu and signal all zeros until reset.

SWM, (2)HR24 (1)HR20 (2)H21, slimline and the install is over a year old. Never had any problem until latest update...when that power saving mode popup started...so did the problem.

Any ideas.
Turn off the Power Saver.

Rich

·
Icon
645 Posts
veryoldschool said:
This sort of depends on the process. Having one drop shipped isn't likely to be a HR24, while having a service call and being replaced tends to.
Very true. That's what happened with my 2 HR20's. They both died at the same time. When I call DirecTv, they insisted on scheduling a service call. I was a little upset at the time, because I thought I could get new receivers faster if they drop shipped them. When the technician showed up, he had 2 brand new HR24's on his truck for me!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.