DBSTalk Forum banner

Receiver choices & other questions

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  carl6 
jws21 said:
I'm currently a TWC subscriber and thinking of switching to Direct. I'm looking for some recommendations as to what receiver's to choose. I'm interested in the Choice Ultimate package

I currently have 3 Tv's which I would like to have service 2 of them are HD the 3rd is not. Is it best to go ahead and get a HD receiver for the 3rd tv now, is this possible ?

What if I would like to move let's say Tv #1 to a basement family room later on which is currently wired for Cable, how would this work ?

If I would like to add another Tv at a later date how does this work ?

Regarding DVR service, I currently have DVR on one TV and it is a nice feature but not a must have.

Concerning my cable service, I would keep my internet service and get rid of the TV service, It's best to wait til Direct is up and running before canceling cable ?

Sorry for all the questions... :)
The latest DVR is called the Home Media Center HR34. It has 5 tuners. Suggest as a new customer you get that and the H25's. Those are smaller HD boxes that with Whole Home DVR Service will have their own tuners and also be able to pull and schedule recorded content from the HR34.

Alternative is one or more HR24's. Those are two tuner DVR's.

If you decide to order be sure you do this before Feb 9 price increase so you get locked in for a year, get all the HD capability now and if you go for the HR34, be sure your order shows Home Media Center HMC somewhere.

HR24's cannot be guaranteed by any person on the phone but the HMC on the order ensures you get a HR34.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.