DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, all my 110 Even transponder satellite channels lost signal on all 4 of my receivers. (3 301's and 1 501PVR) All other channels still work, but this is rather frustrating because it effects the local ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX channels. Nothing has changed on any of my receivers or the dish, so its rather strange. After an hour on the phone with tech support they finally gave up and said they'd sent out someone on Friday. If it is just an allignment issue then they still better not charge me. Anyone have any other ideas of whats wrong?

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Sounds like you might have a problem with one of the LNB's. If you have dual LNB's (not the twin) on your Dish 500 you could easily test that theory by changing out the 110 LNB.

Also, Welcome to DBSTalk.Com! :hi:

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also might add that when checking the signal strength for each satellite and individual transponders, its never more than 48. Usually around 44 range. Could this be a sign of the dish not being alligned properly? Or anything else?

Also this morning the 110 Even transponder channels were working again although there was a few times where there was pixleation.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
That's wicked poor reception. How's your line of sight? I'm with Chris on the bad lnb theory, but it sounds like you have multiple issues going on here...

·
Icon
955 Posts
Your low signal strength indicates that your antenna is out of alignment or has become obstructed. Have any trees "sprouted up" in front of your dish?

The loss of evens on 110 is another issue. Since it happened to all 4 rcvrs it indicates a bad LNBF or switch. But a switch can fail due to to loss of signal so once the dish is peaked running another switch test might take care of it. You should probably "clear the matrix" & run switch tests w/all 4 rcvrs once the dish is repeaked. If that doesn't solve the problem the technician will replace the Quad.

·
Legend
214 Posts
Originally posted by Neil Derryberry
That's wicked poor reception. How's your line of sight?
Drove by a house down the street yesterday and noticed his dish is pointed at least 90 degrees east of where it should be. I wonder if the guy has a clue why he has lousy reception.

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Well we fixed the reception problem. I went through a switch test with jericho & we found that the EVEN transponder for the 110 satellite wasn't picking up correctly. (Even though the setup screen showed a lock on both satellites. After messing with the dish, I noticed that his LNB assembly was a little loose, we tightened that up & instantly got better signal readings. Then did the switch test again, it passed & the channels are coming in great again.

Well...."great" is a relative term. I, for one, am not impressed with how much those pictures are compressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.