DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my HDTV today and will hook it up with my 722. Can you make some recommendations on current setup and future? I currently have a DVD recorder, old receiver (w stereo) and a VCR. How would you recommend I hook up what I currently have (no HDMI on current receiver)? Is it fair to assume that for the future, I should just get a better receiver and hook everything up through it and have the HDMI output go to the new LCD HDTV.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
It sounds like you already have the best plan.

Today: HDMI from 722 to TV. Analog stereo audio to AV receiver if you want sound via your stereo speakers. RCA composite and audio to DVD recorder if you want to record.

Future: AV receiver with HDMI integration (preferably not just switching, but able to pull multichannel audio stream from HDMI; the cheap ones just switch). HDMI from 722 to AV receiver, HDMI from AV receiver to TV.

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Kevin Brown said:
Has anyone actually compared HDMI vs component output from the 722 to the display? HDMI theoretically should be better. But that doesn't mean it necessarily will be. ??
Lots of people. And as you hinted, the results vary depending on the Display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.