DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that is a bit difficult for me b/c i live in a 2 story apartment complex. I have no way of seeing the signal meter on the dvr from the 2nd floor on top of the roof. Everytime i pointed the dish i'd have to run down the ladder....thru the courtyard.....up the stairs and into my apartment to look at the meter. And no sadly i dont have anyone that wuld help me with this by standing inside (via cell phone) telling me what the meter reads.

I found this one on solid signal's website but want to make sure this is a suitable one before i order. It's like 99 bucks.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...I-Satellite-Signal-Tracking-Meter-(ACUTRACPRO)

·
Legend
227 Posts
Are we talking SWM or non-SWM dish here because the makes a difference in the setup you need. (I agree, using the receiver meter would be a lot of exercise. And even if you could get the audio feature to work that would be a bit hard on the neighbor's ears.) I use an Accurtrac 22 Pro for my SWM setup in the RV. But, again you probably don't even need something like this if you are standard Slimline. And are we discussing a 3 head LNB or the 5 head?

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
Anyway you can turn the volume up extra high, leave a window open and align it based on tone? I realize this might annoy the neighbors (then again it might just get one of them to come and help you) I have had to use this method myself on more than one occasion and while it's not the best method, it does work..

Can I ask why are you not having DirecTV do the install for you? They have all the necessary equipment to get you the best signal possible

·
Hall Of Fame
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B/c i want to do it myself. I'm a big do it yourself guy.

And no I cant leave the window open and be able to hear the dvr's singal meter. The dish is on the back of the building on the side of the eve on the 2nd floor. My TV is in the living room....and i have quite a big aparment.

I'm actually a bit surprised with all the really good tech guys on these boards i didnt think it was going to be so tuff getting an answer or recommendations.

·
Legend
225 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,957 Posts

·
Legend
225 Posts

·
AllStar
91 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.