DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the new season starts it became apparent two tuners were not enough and until D* gets their act together and offers MRV like E*this is likely to be a problem.

Anyway, I went out yesterday and picked up an antenna and hooked it up to my HR20-700. Setup was a breeze and reception is great. Unfortunately, my plan has backfired as I cannot record three shows at once or even record 2 and view the third. I tried with no luck. So, is the HR20-700 limited to only two at a time? Am I relegated to connect the OTA antenna directly to my tv and (gasp - take a deep breath) watch live TV?

Thanks for your insight!

· Registered
8,035 Posts
flippedout said:
As the new season starts it became apparent two tuners were not enough and until D* gets their act together and offers MRV like E*this is likely to be a problem.

Anyway, I went out yesterday and picked up an antenna and hooked it up to my HR20-700. Setup was a breeze and reception is great. Unfortunately, my plan has backfired as I cannot record three shows at once or even record 2 and view the third. I tried with no luck. So, is the HR20-700 limited to only two at a time? Am I relegated to connect the OTA antenna directly to my tv and (gasp - take a deep breath) watch live TV?

Thanks for your insight!
Correct.

The only way to record more than two programs at once are to a) get another DVR, or b) download something from DoD.

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
The hr20 or AM21 add on for the hr21/22 actually has 2 OTA tuners not just 1. Unfortunately DirecTV limits the receivers to 2 active tuners at a time even tho they have a total of 4 between sat and OTA. I would have kept my AM21 hooked up to my HR21 even after I got my CBS in HD via sat if it had allowed an additional recording or 2 but it doesn't so it's sitting in the closet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.