DBSTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received a 2nd dish for my locals in the LA area and I saw some new channels like the Good Samartian channel. There was also a channel named RCRD or RECRD I can't remember it, but I know I had it on Saturday when it was installed, but last night it switched to red and now I don't get it. Does anyone know the channel name and channel number?

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
It could be Record International which is in the Spanish package. I believe it is at 597. Check our transponder God's amazingly useful web site!

http://echostar.swiki.net/1

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Some of the International Channels for some reason have un advertised freeviews of some of their shows.

Its just the luck of catching them when they happen.

·
Icon
955 Posts
Record International is actually a Portuguese Ch. in the Brazilian Package w/TV Globo. Scott is right, you probably got it in the clear temporarily.

Good Samaratin is a free Public Access ch on 61.5 & 148 along w/JDLC & PAEC.

G

·
Some of those international channel free previews are advertised on channel 580. The Record channel's preview was advertised on 580, but the advertisement was only in Portugese.

I saw the following text during the advertisement:
"Sinal Aberto" "24 horas" "3 Maio" "Sexta-feira"
Translation:
"Open Signal" "24 hours" "May 3" "Friday"

G

·
TVN24, a Polish 24 hrs. news channel, has a free preview until June 30th. I was watching it a little this weekend at 61.5 and noticed it was clear along with Record. The Dish website mentioned the free preview of TVN24 but no mention of the Portugese language channel. If you speak those languages, enjoy!

G

·
Al Jazeera, the Arabic "CNN" made famous for it's access to Osama BinLaden videos, is (or was) in freeview last night. Some posters were hoping for a freeview last year after 911.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.