DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I've noticed the red 'currently recording' icon in the playlist on shows where the recording has already ended. I can play the show but when I try to erase it it doesn't go away.
Any idea?

I'm on 0x235

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Are the shows the R) icon is beside only the show you wanted to record or is the recording much longer containing other shows or black video?

- Merg

· Legend
207 Posts
I've seen this bug before but only on Manual recordings. I think there is a weird message like 10/100 in the show info for the recording you cannot delete. The recordings will go away after you reset the receiver.

Brian

· AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
breevesdc said:
I've seen this bug before but only on Manual recordings. I think there is a weird message like 10/100 in the show info for the recording you cannot delete. The recordings will go away after you reset the receiver.

Brian
Yes, thats it. In fact is IS only on manual recordings. Its been happening frequently. Resetting the receiver seems a bit excessive for a simple problem like this but I guess until they fix it, its the only solution. I'd just like it to be on their list of things to fix.

Thanks for letting me know.

· Legend
207 Posts
kevin1844 said:
Resetting the receiver seems a bit excessive for a simple problem like this but I guess until they fix it, its the only solution.
I agree. But don't hold your breath. I have been experiencing this bug for several releases now (at least three). It was reported probably about 6-8 months ago and still has not been fixed. D* seems more focussed on adding new functionality rather than fixing nagging problems like this. Frustrating... but at least there is a work around for this one.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.