DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the first show I set in advance to record ended up in two parts. One from 9pm to 911pm and the next from 911pm to 10pm.

Any idea why it would record in two parts? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

·
Legend
134 Posts
Certainly. As many here will tell you, it's your inferior cabling.

You watch. They'll be here shortly insisting that it can't possibly be a problem with the HR-20.

In the meantime, the only thing I have to offer is my sympathy. You're not doing anything wrong. The HR-20 is just very, very buggy.

·
Godfather
488 Posts
Yes HDMI. It has been reported over and over that HDMI may cause lockups or other bugs. However, none of these have been confirmed except to say that some people have moved to component connections and had fewer problems. HDMI itself can be buggy, so eliminating that as a possible issue may point to the real cause.

With that said, the post was sarcastic and not very helpful. Can you give any more information on the recording? Was it a series link, single record, HD recording, etc? This may help in the diagnosis or future upgrades.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it turns out my wife started to record a second show at the exact time the first show was split in two.

What is the proper procedure for recording a new show (on the fly) and then going back to watch the first one?

·
Banned
686 Posts
jgrade said:
Yes HDMI. It has been reported over and over that HDMI may cause lockups or other bugs.
give me a break. i'm sure HDMI can be blamed for any number of playback or display crashes, but a recording bug?

its not the cabling. its the software. just admit it.

Even the HDMI bugs are caused by a lousy implementation in software.

Don't give the poor guy false hope that eliminating HDMI will solve all his problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.