DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that would like to see the MRV recorded program list changed? As I see it you have 2 choices. Choice 1 is the "local list" that shows the recorded programs on the local DVR. Choice 2 is the MRV list which shows all the programs available on all DVR's in the network. I would like to see choice 3 where you can see the local recorded program list, and the other DVR's in the network are shown as folders at the bottom of that list. I am sure some of you really know where I am coming from.

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
There have been many suggestions on how to better offer display of MRV recordings. So far, there has been no indication that DIRECTV will make any changes. I personally would like to see a matrix where you can select/not select each DVR/server as a source from each receiver. So at DVR-1 I could choose to see lists from DVR-2 but not from DVR-3 while at DVR-2 I could choose to see both of the others, and at DVR-3 see neither of the others. Etc.

·
Cool Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even being able to sort the list by DVR would be a step in the right direction. With the advent of TB hard drives, sorting through the content on 7 receivers is really a pain.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Yep, by now, DirecTV must have receive a couple of tons of suggested improvements for MRV management. I have yet to see one implemented.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
The Keymaster said:
Even being able to sort the list by DVR would be a step in the right direction. With the advent of TB hard drives, sorting through the content on 7 receivers is really a pain.
Tell me about it!!!

I have 7 DVRs with 13 TBs of Storage Capacity and you should see my PlayList. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.