DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
Well, I thought I had it all figured out. See my post here. But then I was trying to watch 2 football games I was recording and going back and forth, but nothing I could do would maintain the position on the one recording. It would always start back at the beginning. Oddly enough, the other one would always maintain it's position. But I did have other issues with that one, so it could have been that.

As a workaround, what I've been doing is using the bookmark feature. To create a bookmark, hit pause and then the green button. To get to that bookmark, you can either hold down the FF button for 3 secs, which is the skip to tick feature, but it will also skip to the bookmark. An easier way is to start the recording and hit menu, then bookmarks, then click select on the bookmark you want. If you want to delete a bookmark, highlight a bookmark in the menu and do the double dash.

So, whenever I wanted to switch to the other game, I would create a bookmark and then I knew where I was if I came back to that game and it started in the beginning.

Hope that helps.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
Gmaxx said:
I've got a great idea to end all of these 22 step trips intended to imitate dual buffers... keep banging on D*'s door and demand that they implement TRUE dual buffers.
Well, when it worked, using stop was 3 steps and Tivo took 2 (of course you have to record both programs).

Tivo - pause, down arrow

HR20 - stop, move up or down 1 spot in your list, then play.

Since it hasn't been working perfectly, it's a ton more steps to set the bookmarks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.