DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I want to record a FIRST RUN program as a SERIES. It is available at 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
If I set the show to record at 10:00 pm the time to record switches to 7:00 pm. Is there a way to avoid this switch ?
I know I can set it up as a MANUAL recording, but I would rather just click on 10:00 pm and have it stay there.

SSTV

· Registered
21,543 Posts
sstv said:
Hi All
I want to record a FIRST RUN program as a SERIES. It is available at 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
If I set the show to record at 10:00 pm the time to record switches to 7:00 pm. Is there a way to avoid this switch ?
I know I can set it up as a MANUAL recording, but I would rather just click on 10:00 pm and have it stay there.

SSTV
AFAIK, there's no way to "favor" a timeslot with the DirecTV SERIES LINK scheduler.

If the reason you don't want the earlier showing to record is because it conflicts with two other shows you'd like to record at 7PM, you can make that show lower in priority in the SERIES MANAGER, but bear in mind it will also be the lowest priority show in the 10PM hour.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
Steve said:
AFAIK, there's no way to "favor" a timeslot with the DirecTV SERIES LINK scheduler.

If the reason you don't want the earlier showing to record is because it conflicts with two other shows you'd like to record at 7PM, you can make that show lower in priority in the SERIES MANAGER, but bear in mind it will also be the lowest priority show in the 10PM hour.
Not if he puts the other shows at 10PM lower than it.

For example if shows A, B, and C air at 7PM

Shows C, D, and E air at 10PM

And show E airs again at 1AM

As long as he sets up the shows in the series manager in order
1 - A
2 - B
3 - C
4 - D
5 - E

Then it will record shows A and B at 7PM, shows C and D at 10PM, and show E at 1AM.

But if he puts show C as the 5th priority it will get skipped and only the other 4 will record.

· Legend
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All
My problem was lack of tuners at a specific time. Two programs scheduled to record and I wanted to watch a Ball game. One of the programs was available at a later time so there was a solution.
As long as the later showing remains constant a MANUAL time setup will work fine. I have WHV but juggling recordings was not a option.
A HR34 would work but I dont want a 34 at this time.

SSTV

· Registered
21,543 Posts
Another option is to record the games at a higher priority than the 7PM show. That will force the HR to record the 10PM airing on game days.

The other advantage of doing that is you can start watching the game a half-hour later, e.g., and FF through commercial breaks. That's what I normally try to do with sporting events.

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
Also, if the network has east and west channels (like HBO, SHO, etc.), you can choose the series on the west channel and the 7:00 east airing will happen at 10:00.

· Hall Of Fame
8,426 Posts
I have asked Directv for a TTIME Boolean Operator but Directv has not responded but that would solve a lot of problems when an Episode is broadcast at several different times and the Guide Data does not correctly Tag the First Broadcast as a "First Run" Episode.

· Registered
21,543 Posts
We had another "wish list" request that might have addressed this as well. We asked for the following setup options for recording SLs:

RECORD: [First Run/Repeat/Both/All with Duplicates]; RECORD THIS TIME SLOT ONLY?: [Y/N]; RECORD THIS WEEK-DAY ONLY?: [Y/N]; KEEP AT MOST: [1/2/3/4/5/10/ALL]; WHEN LIMIT REACHED: [Delete Oldest/Stop Recording]; AUTODELETE WHEN DISK FULL?: [Y/N]
I know in my neck of the woods, both FiOS and Cablevision DVRs offer a "this time slot only" option, so this is not a new idea. What I don't know is how "forgiving" that option is. IOW, if you use "time slot" on a show is like Grey's Anatomy to avoid recording the 11:30PM re-runs (but not the 9PM re-runs), and ABC starts it at 8:59 or 9:01 one week, like they sometimes do, what will happen?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.