DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the HR20-700. Received the NR on Wed. I noticed tonight (had been out of town, so not sure if it was since wed or started tonight) that the recording light is now amber/orange instead of yellow.

Is this a change that just happened or did I miss the discussion as I said I have been out of town.

· Registered
16,423 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
The recording light on my HR20 has always been orange. If I ever get the new update I'll be interested to see if it changes.
When you get the update you'll realize that the LED now is yellow, not orange. What you do get is Orange. It's a combination of the Red and Yellow LED's being on at the same time.

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
RunnerFL said:
When you get the update you'll realize that the LED now is yellow, not orange. What you do get is Orange. It's a combination of the Red and Yellow LED's being on at the same time.
I am recording something right now and the record light is most definitely orange. Maybe it will turn more red or something if I ever get the latest update.

· Mentor
46 Posts
I agree. I thought I was going crazy with people talking about their lights changing color, but my light before and after the update is exactly the same color. I didn't notice any difference at all. Orangeish.

SPACEMAKER said:
I am recording something right now and the record light is most definitely orange. Maybe it will turn more red or something if I ever get the latest update.

· Registered
16,423 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
If it's most definitely orange then you've already received the update.

Prior to the update it is Yellow.

· Registered
16,423 Posts
dhelmet78 said:
I agree. I thought I was going crazy with people talking about their lights changing color, but my light before and after the update is exactly the same color. I didn't notice any difference at all. Orangeish.
If the color of your record light didn't change with this update then you must have downloaded a CE that had the change.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
ATARI said:
I have an HR20-100 and I swear it has always (for 13 months now) been an orange light when recording.
There have been reports a long time back of it being orange on occasion .. The change is something like below:

OLD =

NEW =

Both are sort of orange, but now it is really orange.

Attachments

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
It's worth pointing out that Doug's colors are just for general comparison. We can't control what color you see on your monitor.

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Amber, orange--

Every recording device in the world has a red light when recording.
Except the DirecTV DVRs.

I'd still like to see one color when you're recording one show, and a different color when both tuners are recording.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
It's worth pointing out that Doug's colors are just for general comparison. We can't control what color you see on your monitor.
:) .. indeed.

Also, the colors I picked are in the vicinity of what DIRECTV has chosen. I certainly didn't measure the quantities and I don't recall ever being given the RGB values :grin:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.