DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIdnt see anything listed as a bug anywhere, but also might have not submitted the correct search information.

Yesturday morning, I tried to browse to find the 5:00pm PST nfl networks HD broadcast of the Atlanta Dallas game, I didnt find it on the guide, so I used a manual recording setting for a 3:15 minute recording of channel 95. When I got home, it was recording channel 95. But no football, it was recording the same show that was on Discovery Channel HD. I used the guide and number 9 and 5 keys and changed to 95 and it was discovery channel again. I tried to rewind the recording, only to have to start at the begining and freeze, I coulnt fast forward, rewind or do anything (this was the live feed). I then hit list and went to the event via this route, only to have the same thing happen. I went back to live and it was again adjusted to the current time, but still the discovery channel.

I hit stop and keep. Went back to the list, and nothing was there. I went back live to 95 and there was the football game, I could only rewind to the point where I stopped the original manual recording. Not sure if this is a bug or what, I know its something messed up in the software obviously, but not even sure how to label it or track it, so I'll just post it here.

I hope future manual recordings dont jack up like this.

Also, is it by design that when I hit guide and choose HDTV that they dont list the NFL Season Pass HD games? It only lists the 70-99 and hbo/showtime HD channels, but none of the sports packages. Seems it would make sense to catch these channels as well?

Thanks

·
Mentor
42 Posts
I had *exactly* the same problem. The manual record function on ch. 95 was taping an HD show about an Indian festival.

Fortunately, my wife was at home and checked the recording about 5 minutes in.
When she stopped the manual recording, tuned to ch. 95, and then pressed the record button, all was well.

Pretty puzzling... :shrug:

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well glad more than 1 person has it, that means its a bug that they need to fix. Thats about 4 for me in 2 weeks, not sure that it will mean anything, but I hope that they moderate these sites and fix all the issues that should have been fixed before the thing was released, but owell, all of effort should go to a better unit someday.

Anyone else have this issue and note of a way to fix it? Is it with HD 95 only? or all manual recordings? just curious.

Sports in general I would think are the main reason for a DVR, sure hope they get it corrected.

·
Legend
126 Posts
I had scheduled the game to record off the guide. It showed up in my ToDo list and then obviously disappeared because when I got home, the record light was not on. I missed most of the game, as a result. The box still does not handle updates to the guide well - this is still a problem.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
I too had to do a manual record but mine didn't record anything. It showed up in the playlist as though it was recording but when I selected it and hit play, nothing.....black screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.