DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that my HR20-700 is recording shows that I have now scheduled. I have deleted the shows from the to do list, canceled the "record" light from the guide all to no avail. This all started when I did a search for another show containing the same first name.

Is there a solution to this problem? Should I reset the entire DVR or would a simple unplug reboot work?

Thanks for your help.
Louis
 

·
Impossible Dreamer
Joined
·
5,525 Posts
1953 said:
It seems that my HR20-700 is recording shows that I have now scheduled. I have deleted the shows from the to do list, canceled the "record" light from the guide all to no avail. This all started when I did a search for another show containing the same first name.
Did you inadvertently set that search to auto-record?
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bwaldron said:
Did you inadvertently set that search to auto-record?
I hate to sound dense but I do not know. How do I find out if I did and what do I do to correct such a mistake?

Thanks,
Louis
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spartanstew said:
Does it show up in your prioritizer list as something scheduled to record?

Menu - Manage Recordings - Prioritizer
Initially yes but then yesterday no. I have not checked it this morning.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
28,939 Posts
spartanstew said:
Does it show up in your prioritizer list as something scheduled to record?

Menu - Manage Recordings - Prioritizer
1953 said:
Initially yes but then yesterday no. I have not checked it this morning.
Check the prioritizer again looking up and down the whole list. If you have removed it from the list already, then you've likely fixed your problem at this point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,514 Posts
1953 ...

Go to your Playlist or History and press INFO to look at the details of one of the programs that recorded. It will tell you if it was recorded based on a Series Link (ex: "All first run episodes are set to record" or "All episodes are set to record") or a keyword search ("matches ....")

Then you can look for a Prioritizer entry matching the series name or search terms shown in the INFO details.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top