DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I recorded the Dallas - Indy game, and set the HR20 to record for an additional 30 minutes, just in case. So, I watched the game down to the 2 minute warning, and poof! No more game. It recorded for 3 hours and 14 minutes; not 3 hours and 30. This is the first major gaff I've had in the two weeks I've owned it; but this is pretty bad.

Kirk

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Yes... for what ever reason... padding recordings, do not result in the desired results....

·
3 Posts
Earl,
I have had the HR20 now for 2 months and have had a lot of the common problems talked about in here but the most annoying one is the HR20 always starts its recording 1 minute late and ends it around two minutes early. My TIVO never did this, can and should I try to adjust the internal clock? If I adjust the recording times either to start early and end long I recive a lot of conflicts. Any one else complain of this?

Thanks

Dave

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
What shows?

I have seen issues when people pad the edges of the programs.
But on non-padded recordings, I haven't seen any volume of posts (or in my personal experience).

I tend to find it is the broadcast/network that is messing things up in a most of the cases.

There is no way to "set the clock".. .the clock is set the same way it is on the DTivos... from the clock that is part of the sat stream.

·
3 Posts
All shows that do this are on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. Examples would be Desperate Housewife's, Prison Break, The Office and The Amazing Race. It could be the networks but it is funny how the TIVO never did this in 3+ years.

Dave

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Peacegiver said:
All shows that do this are on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. Examples would be Desperate Housewife's, Prison Break, The Office and The Amazing Race. It could be the networks but it is funny how the TIVO never did this in 3+ years.
Dave
It is possible that your unit is off by a mintue or two... the only way to reset it would be to do a restart.

Other then that... I record programs from all those channels, and I don't have any chronic problem with the start/end times.... at least nothing more so then I ever had with the DTivo products.

Like Heros.... for the last 4 weeks... NBC has started about 30s late, and run long 1+ minutes...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
But if your unit is off on it's time...

Then it would be consistant.... 1 minute late, should result in 1 minute record long... or one 2 minutes early, should be 2 minutes early in recording as well.

I can't see the unit being off on both ends, and it NOT being an issue with the network/broadcaster.

·
Godfather
314 Posts
I have the same problem. I miss the "Next week on...." on almost every show I record even if it comes on right after the show ends as opposed to after the commercial break. It's also always on the networks in HD. You'd think they could insert an "End of Show" flag into the stream to tell it when to stop/start recordings.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
ajwillys said:
I have the same problem. I miss the "Next week on...." on almost every show I record even if it comes on right after the show ends as opposed to after the commercial break. It's also always on the networks in HD. You'd think they could insert an "End of Show" flag into the stream to tell it when to stop/start recordings.
That would be the networks that would have to do that (After of course a standard is set).

But the networks are PURPOSELY running their shows past their stated time, to keep you from switching to a different channel.... and partially to keep you from DVRing the next show.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
But the networks are PURPOSELY running their shows past their stated time, to keep you from switching to a different channel.... and partially to keep you from DVRing the next show.
I'm glad I'm not the only one paranoid enough to believe that! :lol:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
LameLefty said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one paranoid enough to believe that! :lol:
No paranoi to it... they have stated as much (at least the part about wanting to keep people from changing the channels)

They get away with to a degree, because they run it to 9:00:59 so it is not 9:01, so they can still say 9:00

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I had a Law and Order quit on me with 10 minutes to go. I know it wasn't a "Super Sized" show. Any ideas?

·
Icon
770 Posts
ajwillys said:
Me too, almost all of the next episode previews get cut off either completely or right in the middle on the HR20. I have my HR10 recording the same shows and the previews aren't getting cut off (and rarely have).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.