DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to record the music to cd from listening to sirius on my satellite dish network receiver?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
53,093 Posts
Your receiver has audio outputs. If you have a computer with a sound card and a CD burner it should be trivial to record the audio to CD.

·
AllStar/Supporter
143 Posts
If you have a DVD recorder, you can feed the signal into that and get 6-8 hours of continuous music. I do that at Christmas time. I also capture the video, so that I can see the song titles - use an inexpensive DVD player with an LCD display (so I don't use the big TV or take it to my office for a little personal background listening)

My only gripe is that my recorder will do 6 hours max using PCM - but when I record on a DVD-R, it only fills half the disc... I probably need to record to DVD-RAM, then merge two files together...

Jim

·
Legend
109 Posts
I hook a cassette player into the back of my 301 and record it that way then burn it on a cd from the cassette.I have a music cdrecorder.I recorded some music off of channel 973 the beautiful music channel and put it on a cd and it sounds great.If you have a music cdrecorder you can also hook it up directly.

·
Icon
643 Posts
If you have the spare cash, the best way to record Sirius is their new amazing Stiletto .

It's:
- Pocket Size
- Portable Sirius receiver
- Records 100 hours of Sirius programming in internal 2GB
- Or store 10 hours of MP3 or WMA songs
- Schedule software automatically records your favorite Sirius shows
- Receives Sirius via built-in satellite antenna or built-in Wifi (from Sirius channels on the Internet)
- 2" color screen and iPod-like controls
- Internal battery or AC adapter

Info and picture at:

http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/002856.html

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
From an archiving standpoint, it would be better to record off the Sirius streams on Dish as the sound quality is much better then from directly from Sirius.

·
Icon
643 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
From an archiving standpoint, it would be better to record off the Sirius streams on Dish as the sound quality is much better then from directly from Sirius.
But now there is a third Sirius audio format:

SIRIUS Internet Radio (SIR), is a CD-quality, Internet-only version of the SIRIUS radio service, without the use of a radio, for the monthly subscription fee of $12.95. SIR delivers more than 75 channels of 100% commercial free music, talk, entertainment, and sports.
more at:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061016/nym050.html?.v=60

·
Godfather
289 Posts
James Long said:
Your receiver has audio outputs. If you have a computer with a sound card and a CD burner it should be trivial to record the audio to CD.
There are freeware software packages that will rip an audio source directly to MP3. You could burn many hours of Sirius onto a CD, depending on the data rate you select. At 128k, I have a 1 gb flash drive that holds several hours of music.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,184 Posts
I take the Toslink (fiber-optic) audio output of my 921 to an Edirol UA-5 audio capture. This device will convert analog to digital or digital (toslink or sp/dif) to digital. It plugs into the USB of my PC where I used Goldwave software to edit and create WAV files that I can burn to an audio CD.

Just be sure to select PCM only in the E* IRD's menu if you want to capture sound from other channels, otherwise the Dolby Digital channels will be silent. Even if your local station does not have DD 5.1, the 2-channel digital audio is still in the Dolby format rather than PCM.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
kstuart said:
But now there is a third Sirius audio format:

more at:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061016/nym050.html?.v=60
I forgot about the new Premium online streaming. With 128K it should sound excellent, Sirius' standard bitrate is 32K which is absolutely terrible. I really don't have a use for online streaming or I'd pay the extra $3 for the premium service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.