DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the R15-100 with the newest firmware 0x121c (as of 7/3). Ever since this update I have been having problems with the DVR. I see that PPV movies are now being recorded to the showcases tab. I have 10 as of right now. Also since this update I notice that when my disk space available reads 30% or so and I am trying to record new shows that I actually want I am getting errors about a disk space conflict or something similar saying there is no more room yet the bar clearly shows 30% available. I have reset the dvr already and still the same thing. I have asked Directv about this and all I get is "the ppv recordings do not take up space and it is just a coincidence that is it happening" yet when I posted this issue on the directv website forum plenty of people are all having the same exact problem since the update. What I want to know is is this is an issue with the DVR being possibly defective or if all the showcases are taking up space on the DVR and they are just not telling us and what can we do to fix it. I am paying for 100% recording space and only able to use like 70% or so.

· Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
Supposedly the showcases are on part of the disk which is not used for customer recordings. Therefore they do not impact the "space remaining" indication.

It may be that you have bad sectors on the disk which represent 30% of your space. So the space remaining indication says you have 30% left, but all the space left is bad and can't be recorded on.

You may want to try reformatting the disk (you will lose all your content).

· Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
Well according to the Showcase thread (http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=132906) there are lots of complaints about Showcase recordings taking up space in the Customer portion of the R15 hard drive. So that may be the issue you are experiencing, Powder.

Maybe one of the CE people will be willing to run a test on a spare R15. They can clear everything on the drive, except the PPV Showcases. And then see if they have enough space to record 100 hours of programming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.