DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the ffirst time in owning the hr20, a red light came on where the yellow recording light belongs. Should i be concerned?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
jheda said:
for the ffirst time in owning the hr20, a red light came on where the yellow recording light belongs. Should i be concerned?
Absolutely nothing...it's a very minor "display" bug. You can safely ignore it.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hasan said:
Absolutely nothing...it's a very minor "display" bug. You can safely ignore it.
thank you my man and happy holidays...

·
Godfather
423 Posts
During reboot the red light means the hard disk is being reformatted. Other than that it's a bug.

·
Godfather
574 Posts
jheda said:
I believe you will also see the red light when ordering ppv by remote. Every time I've watched a ppv either recorded or live the light has momentarily come on. I am assuming it is checking for the phone line which is necessary for ordering by remote, it may also occasionally check at other times as well.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
pappasbike said:
I believe you will also see the red light when ordering ppv by remote. Every time I've watched a ppv either recorded or live the light has momentarily come on. I am assuming it is checking for the phone line which is necessary for ordering by remote, it may also occasionally check at other times as well.
I just saw the red light right before the ppv was finished. It came on while the credit were rolling.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
The red light also comes on when the HR20 is phoning home to D*. I witnessed this just the other day when I asked DirecTV to have my unit report my purchases.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
I'm starting to believe the programmers reversed the color code for the LED. It would have made more sense to have the red light for recording like any other consumer electronic recording device does and reserve the yellow/orange for the housekeeping indicator the same as the DirecTV DVRs with TiVo (RCA DVR80).

·
Icon
770 Posts
DVDKingdom said:
I'm starting to believe the programmers reversed the color code for the LED. It would have made more sense to have the red light for recording like any other consumer electronic recording device does and reserve the yellow/orange for the housekeeping indicator the same as the DirecTV DVRs with TiVo (RCA DVR80).
This must be the same reason why when the HR20 records something, it asks you if you want to delete it before you've even watched it! The engineers even got that backwards!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
TomF said:
This must be the same reason why when the HR20 records something, it asks you if you want to delete it before you've even watched it! The engineers even got that backwards!
That's one bug I hope they can terminate in short order. So far I've experienced this on 3 recordings this week already good news is answering "Do Not Delete" and retry playing again has worked for me.

·
Legend
195 Posts
DVDKingdom said:
That's one bug I hope they can terminate in short order. So far I've experienced this on 3 recordings this week already good news is answering "Do Not Delete" and retry playing again has worked for me.
I have had the same thing happen about 6 times since I got a "NEW" replacement HR20 (the old one died completely) last weekend. However, when I hit do not delete and re-hit play it still does not work, it will only delete. It is obviously not recording as the % of hard drive available never changes when these 'recordings' occur. Have you observed any issues with your 'space' or have yours always worked on the second shot? I just re-booted to see if that will help. It is frustrating, I have tried three times to record "The Man Who Skied Down Everest" on DSCHD and so far none have worked.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
JMartinko said:
I have had the same thing happen about 6 times since I got a "NEW" replacement HR20 (the old one died completely) last weekend. However, when I hit do not delete and re-hit play it still does not work, it will only delete. It is obviously not recording as the % of hard drive available never changes when these 'recordings' occur. Have you observed any issues with your 'space' or have yours always worked on the second shot? I just re-booted to see if that will help. It is frustrating, I have tried three times to record "The Man Who Skied Down Everest" on DSCHD and so far none have worked.
For the recordings in question the space did change and the second shot worked. I've only had 3 unplayable recording these were due to the Black Screen bug. Two episodes of Criminal Minds MPEG4 HD and MI3 HD PPV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.