DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a total coincidence, but it seems like since the upgrade I am getting a red overlay on the screen of one of my four TVs, three LCD and one Plasma. It is a Sony LCD, about 5 years old, otherwise in great shape. It just started a few days ago with the upgrade, so I don't know all the parameters yet. I believe the picture looks fine when you first turn on the TV. But if you press a button the remote to bring up some aspect of the guide, there is suddenly a red mask that starts at the bottom of the screen and covers a large percentage, but not the total screen. The top line of the mask typically does not go straight across. Instead, it goes part way, goes straight down a bit, then over, back up, and then the rest of the way across. It is as if the top edge is a mask around a rectangular object on the top third of the screen.

If I press the Info button for instance, and it is showing, the guide will come up, and the entire red mask goes away. If it is not displaying and I press the info button, it will come back.

Is anyone else seeing this on their TV, or is it a coincidence, and my Sony is starting to have problems? As mentioned, I have seen no trace of this on my three other TVs so clearly it is not a common problem and may well be limited to my Sony.

Robb

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
First of all, I'm moving this to the HD DVR forum where others can find it and help.

Second, this is an infrequent bug and for the most part it's been eliminated. If it continues for you, I have great hopes that it will be eliminated in the next release.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for moving my post to the approriate board. And thanks for the reassurance that it is not my TV, but a bug in the release. I can only guess that there is some aspect of my old Sony that is interacting with the release to create this issue, since, as noted, I haven't seen it at all on my other TVs. Nonetheless, it is annoying, and I will look forward to a bug fix in a new release. Since I don't know if your awareness of my having this issue will get back to DirecTV, I will notify them. Knowing that it is a bug, will help me in that discussion. I would expect that the more people that let them know they are experiencing this problem, the more they will consider it a priority to address. It wouldn't hurt for people who are also experiencing the problem to reply with a Me Too.

Thanks again,

Robb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.