DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Godfather
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Red Zone Channel. I generally have it on a side TV while we watch our games to keep an eye on everything. If my beloved Colts or my fiance's increasingly less beloved Steelers aren't playing, we will pretty much just watch RZC. But why isn't it in HD? I guess the production cost on it would shoot up, but since it is a SuperFan extra, it might be a good assumption that most people with RZC have HD sets. Maybe it's a bandwidth issue? Maybe when the new sats go up it'll go HD?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything (Earl, I'm looking in your direction) or if anyone had any good conjector or if anyone wanted to make an educated guess (or even an uneducated guess).

Cheers!

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I'm sure that even if D* intends to one day put it in HD, for now there is a bandwidth issue.

·
Icon
650 Posts
it's a bandwidth issue

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
What would be interesting is the amount of folks that get SF but dont take advantage of the HD stuff. I get SF only for the HD and the RZ is a bonus. So it might make sense to make them HD next year when the have the bandwidth if the SF package is going to be geared towards HD fans.

·
Icon
731 Posts
They MUST get more national channels in HD! I don't watch ANY sports.. and sports has TONS of HD. What about science, TLC, SciFi, Hist? MY channels and millions of others use these just as much or more than sports.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
glennb said:
I'd rather see something like SCIFI channel HD.
bluedogok said:
Why? It's just science fiction....

That explains a lot :D
SciFi needs to CREATE a SciFi HD channel, before DirecTV can even consider carrying it.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
matto said:
only sports fans are crazy enough to pay twice what normal people do for service
For the cost of 4 tickets to go to an NFL game, in just basic/average seats..
Is more then the cost of Sunday Ticket and the Superfan add-on (at least here in Chicago).

Nothing replaces going to the games... but for those that can't get "their" games on their local broadcasts or another national feed....

To some it is no different then paying the extra for HBO/Showtime.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
matto said:
only sports fans are crazy enough to pay twice what normal people do for service
Dang right :D and I do not have HBO/Showtime but I do have Center Ice and Extra Innings to go with Sunday ticket.

We looked into getting season tickets this year for the Cowboys since they are the closest and we could split them between my family in OKC, my uncle in Dallas and us here in Austin. A pair of season tix and parking would have been about $1,800 and that was not good seats. Since we went to a Chiefs game last year I was on the email list, they were sending me offers and it would have been about $1,200 for a pair w/o parking. Close to the start of the season they were offering half-season packages. If we were closer we would have considered the Chiefs tix. The sad thing is the Texans have a waiting list, I am already on one of those at OU (number 4,132 at last update).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.