DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Dish has completly cut off my locals I wonder if they are going to refund the $$$$ they charged me for the extra equiptment they sold me to receive the distants? I checked this morning and found that I was charged $179.56 (in another thread in posted the wrong amount) to put in a DP44 & a dish 500 so that I could receive the signal from 148.

I hope this thread does not become a long complaint thread about loosing the distants, I am just looking for anyone else that paid for the hardware and now can't use it.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
You may receive a small service credit but that's all you should expect at this time.

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One quick phone call to customer service and BINGO..................$50.00 credit.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,419 Posts
HDMe said:
Ok... so your complaint was that you paid $179.56 for a DPP switch that you only needed to get distants, which are now gone... and you are ok with a $50 credit?
A shrewd person should be able to make up the difference by selling the DPP44. The only switch that you're somewhat stuck with at this point is the DP34.

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
harsh said:
A shrewd person should be able to make up the difference by selling the DPP44. The only switch that you're somewhat stuck with at this point is the DP34.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
harsh said:
But if that's the case... then he should just have sold the DPP to begin with and not complained that he paid for something he couldn't use. If he can sell it and get his money back, or at least most of it... then where's the gripe?

I was with him on the initial post of feeling bad for paying a bunch of money for something no longer useful... but now after follow-up realizing that he may actually make money if he sells the switch... it seems like he had no reason to complain after all.

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was with him on the initial post of feeling bad for paying a bunch of money for something no longer useful... but now after follow-up realizing that he may actually make money if he sells the switch... it seems like he had no reason to complain after all.
At first I didn't think I could sell a used switch but after the reply from Harsh "the light went on". I don't have a complaint now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.