DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hr20 for a week now, its birth level was FA. I, due to whatever stroke of luck, am finding almost no problems. I daresay no problems after the first couple days of learning curve and 2 or 3 resets.

I am wondering when they come out with their next release of software if I am allowed to decline it. NOT download it, or does it do it automatically. I am a firm beleiver in if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and see no reason (at this point anyway), to change a thing.

In pc software I alwasy look at the list of "new" things, or added features, and if none of it interests me, I don't bother. I wuld like the same choice here. Yah?

Of course I also know, based on what I have read here, that my pristine box could go south at any moment, so am keeping my options open. Stability does not seem to be a keynote of this tuner.

· Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
The updates on non-TiVo boxes are mandatory.

· Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
houskamp said:
Nope all the fun of a new release is shared by all :D
Oh goody goody! I can hardlywait! :(
Thx for the replies.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
btmoore said:
Since you are in NorCal you are automatically enrolled in the involuntary west coast beta team for new releases.
BT, make it have OTA and make it go well, will ya? Otherwise it will be late next week before we see it here in the midwest.:)

I'm sure you guys on the front lines of the beta team have some sort of pull, don't you?

· Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hasan said:
BT, make it have OTA and make it go well, will ya? Otherwise it will be late next week before we see it here in the midwest.:)

I'm sure you guys on the front lines of the beta team have some sort of pull, don't you?
Indeed, is this true? They throw it at us Californians first? Great, so if its a pile of junk we will find out and save the rest of you from it? Well I am glad to take one for the team! What fun. :D

· Hall Of Fame
2,669 Posts
HolmesCo said:
Indeed, is this true? They throw it at us Californians first? Great, so if its a pile of junk we will find out and save the rest of you from it? Well I am glad to take one for the team! What fun. :D
We get to beta the new releases in Nevada too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.