Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend in my own mind
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Administration,
I think it is great that you allow unregistered visitors the chance
to browse and even post to existing topics. That's how I found this site.:)
But I think it is totally inappropriate for an unregistered visitor to start a new thread.:shrug:
If a visitor has a need to start a new thread then he should have to register to do so.
This is only inviting the unwanted troll.:(
IMHO
Jim

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Jim, we've already limited the actions of unregistered users in the Buy, Sell & Trade Forum and in the Polling Forum. We really want to stick to our original intent in keeping the forum free of registration. Don't wanna jinx this but we've been troll free for a while now, and troll threads will now be deleted on sight. This issue of registration has been plaguing me, as I'm sure the rest of the staff too, for a while now. If it gets to be a major problem we can restrict unregistered users from starting new threads, but hopefully it wont come to that. As always, Jim, thanks, it will be looked at more in depth when the time arises. :)

G

·
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
...we've already limited the actions of unregistered users in the Buy, Sell & Trade Forum...
"My credit's so bad that they won't even take my cash!"
-Rodney Dangerfield

· Fromer Member
1,113 Posts
"This is only inviting the unwanted troll."

Who's that?

"and troll threads will now be deleted on sight."

What are they? I never seen one that I can recall.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Once in a while theres a Dish Network Sucks or DBS Suck thread thats only point is stirr up troble, we've been pretty tolerant of these, but I'm not going to be anymore. Most of the troll threads seem to be started by the same person, or a clever copy cat.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Bacially yes, thats it correct.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Everythings taken care of now. Geeze, some people...:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.