DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished watching "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"'s Musical episode and was quite pleased with it. It worked for what they were trying to do. I know there was a special musical episode of "LEXX" called "Brigadoom" which also did a good job (explaining the life of one of the characters). Anyone know of any other shows that had the one time musical episodes, that worked.

Please no "COP ROCK" or episodes of "The Brady Bunch" with the singing brats :D

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
what about the partridge family singing brats???

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
actually, about(what?) thirty years ago i think abc tried a musical show called(i think)"that's life" starring robert morse(freash off the success of "how to succeed in business without really trying") and e.j.peaker...lasted about a couple of months if memory serves me...

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Maybe not quite what you asked for but, the Nickelodeon cartoon, Rockos Modern Life, had a musical episode on about earth day, they had pretty catchy songs too

My 2 favorite tunes from that episode-
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E, recycle, C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E, conserve, don't you P-O-L-L-U-T-E, pollute, the river, sky or sea, or you'll get what you deserve

You cant fight city hall
you cant fight corporate America
they are big and we are small
You cant fight city hall

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
steve, for some reason that made me think of the children's show skit SNL did a couple of years ago, with the people singing the song about being Friendly, Caring, and KInd and then bringing in the fourth person for Unity( with the first letter of each word on their sweaters) and causing the show's host to go into fits of apoplexy everytime they tried to line up together...

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
I also enjoyed the "musical Buffy" episode. I even have the original 1 hour and 10 minute version on tape. I think they only showed the longer version 1 time.

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Originally posted by Lurker
Is the edited version of the Buffy musical missing anything essential?
This is what is missing:

The music number "If Were together"
A verse from spike and a verse from "Walk through the fire".
A whole bunch of dialogue
The overture and Dawn's Ballet.

There is approximately 8 minutes total missing from the edited version. After watching both versions, the shorter one almost plays like a "best of". The DVD should containg the entire episode.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the part when they are walking to help Buffy and Willow sings "I think this part is Filler"

I guess we have to wait for the DVD for everything. That is my payment for not starting to watch Buffy repeats till 2nd go round on FX and didn't watch current season till 1/2 way thru new episodes :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts