1 - 20 of 490 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Software 01/08/2007
Manufacture 700 - 0x115

Release Notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=75653

PLEASE DON"T POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they will be deleted

Forced Update Only; During "Elvis" window.. 01/08/2007 and 01/09/2007
During "Santa" window
; This version has not been pushed to customer, and should be consdiered a Release Candidate, not a national release

Tracking Threads We will continue with the tracking threads for problems with this release: See Post #2

The more detail the better Simply put... the more detail you can provide the better the feedback.

Revision History:
Version 0x10b (01/08/2007): Discussion Thread
Version 0x108 (12/12/2006): Discussion Thread #1 Discussion Thread #2 Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0x104 (12/06/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xFA (11/22/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xF6 (11/21/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xEF (11/15/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xEB (11/07/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xE3 (10/19/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xDC (10/11/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD8 (10/04/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD1 (09/26/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xCC (09/16/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread
Version 0xBE (09/01/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread

The Original HR20 Review Thread
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61862

Tips and Tricks Threads
Official Tips and Tricks
Unoffical Tips and Tricks v2.9

Unoffical Feature Request Survey
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68183

Unoffical eSATA Feature Discussion
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66201

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Hey Earl,
I just downloaded 115. Still no OTA for channel 2-1 WBBM in Chicago.

I'm about 7 miles from Hancock and the Sears Tower...direct line of sight to both.
I actually have two H20's and an HR10-250. The HR10-250 does get WBBM over the air but neither H20 will tune it. Superbowl is on CBS........not much time. :)

·
Legend
110 Posts
Still having the searching for sat 771 error. It is on sat 101 transponder 27 only. I get a big fat 0 on it, on sat 2 and sat 1 is working ok. I have ran a new line, changed inputs, took of B band converters and it still has problems. I down loaded 115 hoping this was a software glitch but maybe not.

·
Icon
770 Posts
Downloaded 0x115 at 8:46 PM PT, audio glitch at 8:51 PM PT.

Audio did the "eh-eh-eh-eh-eh" stutter thing for 1-2 seconds (my wife calls it the Woody Woodpecker sound). Occurred on ABC local HD via sat (I don't actually watch Wife Swap, just happened to be the channel it was on when I did the update).

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dervari said:
I lost 43-1 OTA in Atlanta and now have 69-1 again, which is incorrect. Getting 771. :(
Re-Run your ATSC setup wizard

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
stuart628 said:
got it and still no 3-1, 3-2 out of cleveland, its almost like the Hr20 dosent like the channel and try to find it at all.
Your lucky. Im not getting ANY OTAs here in Cleveland. I have EPG info but Im getting 771 messages with no signal strength all around. This is after re running the OTA wizard.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Lost WPIX 11-1 again after the update, redid OTA setup and now it's back again. However I did notice a problem that was in 0x10B for me after the guide data for WPIX was fixed:

Sometimes when tuning to WPIX 11-1 it will not lock onto the OTA signal very well (signal level of 30) or 1 OTA tuner will lock onto it fine and the other OTA tuner gets 0 signal. Changing OTA channels will usually make it come back ok with a strong signal. When the HR20 locks onto it well I get a signal of 85+ on both OTA tuners. My ATSC tuner in my HDTV never has any issues with pulling this channel in. All other OTA channels behave flawlessly.

·
Legend
107 Posts
Noticed when checking the network features that the Music option, the "Folder" Icon is missing...

The HR20 with 0115 did connect to the network faster and menu's seem more responsive.....

·
Icon
770 Posts
Testing recordings after 0x115, I tried watching DH from last night. I hit play, got a gray screen and FF wouldn't work. I hit Stop, picture came back, hit play and it played OK. Got an audio stutter glitch a few minutes in.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I locked up my newly replaced HR20, which had not incurred any errors since it had been replaced.

I was watching a recording of Countdown on MSNBC. I sped through parts and watched parts. I got to the end and allowed it to be deleted. The machine then locked. While this was happening I was in the process of recording a show, which may have been the rebroadcast of the same Countdown show (4 hours later). Anyway, it is rebooting as I type this.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let's leave this thread for issues only... and the "Elvis" thread for general "discussion"

·
Godfather
491 Posts
Downloaded the x115 software around 11PM, Am having many new problems with networking not connecting and having to reboot and start over. Finally got connected; both PC's "sse" the HR20 but no music & pics menu.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
I managed to crash 0x115 within one minute of using it. I was a few minutes back in the live buffer on an MPEG4 channel, playing around with the trick play stuff. I went to do some slips, which I had done before, and the unit locked up. I had a black screen with the bar on the bottom showing four slips were queued up. After about 10 seconds, the unit rebooted itself.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I managed to crash 0x115 within one minute of using it. I was a few minutes back in the live buffer on an MPEG4 channel, playing around with the trick play stuff. I went to do some slips, which I had done before, and the unit locked up. I had a black screen with the bar on the bottom showing four slips were queued up. After about 10 seconds, the unit rebooted itself.
I had that happen on a few of the prior release, I wonder if the code is more fragile after a fresh boot while it may be re processing the todo lists and new guide data.

·
Icon
563 Posts
TomF said:
Downloaded 0x115 at 8:46 PM PT, audio glitch at 8:51 PM PT.

Audio did the "eh-eh-eh-eh-eh" stutter thing for 1-2 seconds (my wife calls it the Woody Woodpecker sound). Occurred on ABC local HD via sat (I don't actually watch Wife Swap, just happened to be the channel it was on when I did the update).
I have heard this in NY and it was from my local ABC OTA (MPEG2) it may not be HR20 related.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I'm watching an MPEG-4 recording from Ox108 and the trick play appears to be improved. I seem to be seeing more frames...

Anyone else able see mproved SLIP and Skip Back performance?

·
Legend
151 Posts
Down loaded ox115 with no problem. All recording are still there an watchable. Some of the OTA channels definitely seem a bit more stable. What tweaking was done to the tuners? Did notice something in some of the posts. Here in New York I still get locals on MPEG2 with the 3LNB dish (no MPEG4 yet), and just wondered how many of the HR20 problems are with people that have some type of Mpeg4 reception.
Earl... thanks don't know what we do without you!!

1 - 20 of 490 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.