DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good fix for this?? I'm thinking of pulling the old fan and replacing it with one that's super quiet. I'll toss in a silicone gasket and a pot to control the fan speed. My unit gets plenty of air and is no more than slightly warm to the touch.

Any thoughts??

John

· Godfather
429 Posts
I read somewhere about someone suggesting the use of the Targus cool-pads that you would buy for a laptop. They power off of the USB port on the back of a 942/622. I picked one up at best buy this week and it worked wonders for the heat of my box (less heat would in turn mean less use of the fan in the box).

Pretty quiet too.

· Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New super quiet fan and silicone mounts arrived yesterday. Since my 942 isn't overheating, I'm still thinking that's a reasonable approach. I'll will check out the Targus cooling unit before poppin' the top. Thanks for the suggestion. John

· Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, replacing the fan didn't work. Original E* fan was 12 v at 140 ma and the new super silent fan must have been something else. So after tinkering for the better part of an hour, I put little felt feet on the original fan and silicone mounted screws to see if that makes a difference. If all else fails, it's off for a second 622.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.