DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was away from home this weekend, I saw something I wanted to record. So I went online and scheduled a recording. Then I remembered that I had shut off my router before I left. I figured I was SOL. To my surprise, I got home and there was my scheduled recording. My DVR is connected to ethernet and the phone line. Since my network was down when I scheduled, the recording must have been scheduled either over the satellite or over the phone. I had always assumed it was done over the network. So do remote booking requests really come via satellite?

· Icon
810 Posts
mdavej said:
So do remote booking requests really come via satellite?
Yes. Has been that way since the 'beta test' days.

· Icon
808 Posts
Michael D'Angelo;1803858 said:
Yes the remote booking is sent to the DVR via satellite. The only thing that being networked does for you with remote booking is it will send you a conformation email that the DVR receive the request.
I don't have a network connection, but I still receive a DVR Scheduling Request email from D* when I do a remote booking. Is there a different/additional email that is sent out when a networked receiver actually receives/confirms the request?

· Hall Of Fame
1,548 Posts
Yeah, you get the emails no mattter if the DVR is networked or not. I have received email confirmations, and the recordings never happened:(

· Hall Of Fame
1,876 Posts
SDizzle said:
Yeah, you get the emails no mattter if the DVR is networked or not. I have received email confirmations, and the recordings never happened:(
That has been my recent experience with remote booking.

It seemed to work fine at first, but now (at least the last two times I tried) I get the confirmation email, but no recording. As a result I have just stopped using this 'feature'.

· Hall Of Fame
4,787 Posts
ATARI said:
That has been my recent experience with remote booking.

It seemed to work fine at first, but now (at least the last two times I tried) I get the confirmation email, but no recording. As a result I have just stopped using this 'feature'.
Get the same on my HR10-250 and R22-100.Information doesn't make it to the HR10-250.While it makes it to the R22-100 and records.But I receive an email saying the programs will record.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.